Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nice2Bout

Boat-in campsites?

4 posts in this topic

Will be coming up in 10 days with a good friend to fish hard for 3 days. We've stayed at different resorts in the past but would like to camp this time. Does anyone have a favorite boat-in site? We've both done the Nam/Kab sites and really enjoyed them. Are there any sites on the Big-V comparable? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Depends on what part of the lake you are going to be on. Hinsdale island has some really nice sites on and there are some nice ones in Portage bay as well. All or most of the sites have fire rings and the good ol camp toilets as well as bear boxes and I know a few have picnic tables. The better sites can get filled quickly but this time of the year you will probably have a good shot at getting a good site. Keep in mind that the fallen wood for fires is probably pretty well picked over so plan on packing in some fire wood. Hope this helps. Have fun and stay warm! grin.gif

Thanks for the info MNBIGBEAR. Are there some other nice spots besides Hinsdale and Portage Bay? We can get to the fish anywhere on the lake.

at 4 bucks a gallon, being close is an advantage. Hinsdale is pretty centrally located. And there are several sites. I know of another place on west end, but only 1 site and sort of out of the way