Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nthomps66

Karavan trailer light help

9 posts in this topic

A brake light went out in my '04 Karavan trailer while I was up at Cass Lake. I opened it up to replace bulb before the drive home to find two bulbs within a clear plastic waterproof housing. The housing had water in it which fried the bulb I assume. I had to break the thing open with a channel lock to replace the bulb.

Anyone know where can I get a new one of those bulb housings? Can't find anything online or in my trailer owner manual.

Thanks in advance for the help.

This summer I worked on a Ranger trailer for someone with the same type of tail light and I had to go to the local marine dealer and order the waterproof bulb assembly.

I think it cost about $15.

It may be helpful to get the serial number off of the trailer to make sure that they order the correct replacement.

I had mine go out late last year and I picked up a replacement from Absolute Trailer Sales. There is a good chance that a trailer store will have what you want, not just a marine dealer.

I have an 2004 trailer also. got my replacement at Hannay's for 12.95

This is what you are looking for:

Google this: Wesbar Sealed Replacement Capsule #3348

I know Link Rec has them.

Thanks guys - great help. Got one on the way for about $10. Fisheye nailed it...

I had the same problem. If you buy a new tailight for the trailer it comes with a removeable cover with four screws to change the bulbs. They sell them at gander mtn. or Walmart.

nthomps66 Was that you I tested your trailer lights at Bumper to Bumper about a week or so ago?

No, that wasn't me.