Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gunflint

Strange Season Alright

7 posts in this topic

It's been an unusual season on "The Trail" this year as far as Walleye fishing goes. Last night was the topper. I was jigging with big minnows in about 30fow when I hooked a nice fat little 6# Lake Trout. It was too close to dark to change from jigs to rattle spoons but I got several more "hits" in the same hole. It's a safe bet that I'll have a rig ready to go for Lakers tonight. Also her lower left fin had been clipped (stocked) and she had spawn in her. Maybe I'll hook a Catfish tonight. wink.gif

Or perhaps a match to that big northern you got this spring? But it would be 5lb. heavier now.

Are you fishing on Sag?

No, one of the mid-trail lakes.

My two oddities on Northern Light Lake (Ontario) this past summer were early in July a 4lb Whitefish on a jig in about 10 - 15 FOW and last week a 3lb Northern on the bottom in 98 FOW while trolling for trout.

Go North

A northern in 98fow is definitely strange. He must have been lost.

How about several lakers caught in 6' of water on a bare hook and leech? That happened to me in July a few years back up in Dogtooth.