Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clKiekhafer

Coming Up Sept 14th.

2 posts in this topic

I'll be coming this Friday for three days of fishing. What has been happening lately and what is working or not working for the eye's? confused.gif I'm bring a work buddy along and this will be his first time on the lake and really want to show him a good time. Any help would be appreciated. smile.gif

Eyes are deep - 35-50' and biting on jig/minnow or Lindy/minnow or crawler combo. If you can bring up some big leeches there have been decent reports on those as well but you won't find jumbos up here now.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Cliff Wagenbach
      brianfisher, Welcome to Fishing Minnesota! Using a flasher in open water is way more difficult then using a regular depth finder! It takes a lot of study time to really learn to recognize what it is showing you! Basically anything marked even slightly off of the bottom is likely a fish unless there is a lot of floating weeds etc. in the water column. I suggest that you get out on the ice with your friend this winter and use his flasher through the ice. You will very quickly learn to adjust the gain settings and learn to recognize fish under a controlled depth condition! If possible have someone that is familiar with his flasher model go with you and show you how to operate it. Once you learn to read a flasher your fish catching rate will go way up! Cliff      
    • RuddyDuck
      Ice forming in the dogs water dish right now! Forcast still looks good starting Tuesday. I predict the first truck thru the ice on Buffalo will be Dec 23!
    • knoppers
      have to give this topic a bump since ice will be here soon. any reports will be useful, thanks in advance.    
    • Ray Berg
      Just got back from show,Picked up an ion x. Don't know if i have ever seen it so busy. Now the wait begins.....
    • river rat316
      I am definitely in! My boss also gave me permission to start looking at jet boats this spring. We have to get rid of a 3rd car first but I do believe a Lowe 1760 pathfinder with a 115/80 will also be in my future!