• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

There- I just knew I could get STFCatfish, Great Outdoors, and Wanderer's attention with that one!!!! grin.gif

Just thought we needed a little humor here-everyone is way too serious!

Jim, how has the fishing been around town after all the rain??

Later,

Justin

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Ya got me! First one I clicked on without even seeing the poster. smirk.gif

I might have one more trip in me this month yet before the huntin boots go on for good. I'll vacuum the boat and bring bait if you're interested. Might be my last time on the water before it stiffens up.

Unless there was motoring on Basswood in early October! Yah? Been awhile but I remember everything we fished around Washington Island. I have a lightweight 14 footer and 15hp short shaft 4 stroke.

Any bowhunters goin out this weekend?

Shagawa has been very good for walleyes, 20-30 FOW.

Just to let everyone know, Justin was not pulling anyones leg with the ROCK BASS title as he claims.

He came into the shop with a big stringer of them and wanted me to take his picture for the local paper. laugh.gif

You cannot imagine the look of disappointment on his face when I told him they were not walleyes. frown.gif

I had to buy him two Dairy Queen Dilly Bars before he calmed down.

I felt SO BAD for him! frown.gif

NOT!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

The fishin was AWESOME! I caught my limit and my wife caught hers too. I met chunkytrout and Great Outdoors this weekend too and I gotta say they were great guys. Chunky caught me in the middle of a great walleye spree and I had to cut him a little short and I talked (actually listened) to Great Outdoors and got alot of great info about the area. These guys are great and a testament to the area and the way fishermen should be. But don't let me stop you from ripping on Great outdoors 'cause I laughed so hard on the last post I had tears. laugh.gif

"Don't let me stop you from ripping on Great Outdoors."

Hey, hey, hey mad.gif

Do not encourage JustinG, as idle fingers are the Devil's workshop. (fingers, as in playing with the computer, Justin's idle mind, well, that goes without saying. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Ha Ha Ha!!!

Good to hear there are some fish out there. I might actually be able to get out there this week if the wind ever dies down. My boat has just been sitting in the garage for 3 weeks. Been busy at work still and installing new windows in my house. Its been crazy!

As for the Great Outdoors being a "nice guy" well, he is just a wolf in sheep's clothing. He has been kinda crabby ever since he lost his match over at the midget wrestling championship in Winton a few weeks ago. I think he was even madder at the fact that the Ely Echo put his picture on the front page in spandex tights and a pink feathered scarf!! tongue.gif

Oh, I will never be stopped from ripping on the "Old Timer"! grin.gif

Justin

Young wippersnapper (JustinG) smirk.gif

The secret to a long life is respecting your elders. mad.gif

You keep picking on the Great Outdoors, and people on the forum will soon be communicating with you through a Ouija board! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Whippersnapper?!?!? Man, you ARE old! grin.gif

Ohhh, I better look out. Ice season is a coming and I certainly do not want to have my dozen minnows counted. Even though G.O. should be giving me free minnows in lieu of my prize catches printed in the paper with affiliation to his establishment! smirk.gif

"The Fish Master" smile.gif

Hey Jim,

How about a good Ely area Walleye report? Has anything been shaking this week? I am getting the itch to get out there...hopefully next week!

Later,

Justin

Jeez, Maki, (Oh, I'm sorry, I mean TGO) now you're talking about yourself in the third person like you're a famous somebody or other. What next? crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Justin, why buy minnows at all come mid-January? Real fishermen fish for lakers, and laker fishermen don't need live bait. Heck, we all know when it comes to lakers (and old Finnish baitstore owners) the deader the better. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Well, well, well, smile.gif

Old, El Fossamondo, has spoken!! shocked.gif

Giving you live bait would be like putting earings on a pig, Bro! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

JustinG

Yup, walleye snapping. smile.gif

They have doing very well on Shags with suckers. Biting at 25-30 FOW.

Was on Burntside tonight, fishing was terrible, and the surface temp was about 59 degrees, 3-4 degrees colder than two days ago. I would imagine it will drop a tad more tonight to about 56-57 tomorrow.

Justin

The fishing was great on Shagawa- trolling rainbows w/ a baitfish spinner rig w/ 1/2 oz. orange lindy rig weight above the snell. Caught plenty of eaters. They were all suspended in about 22-27ft. of water and in the middle of nowhere- weird.

Thanks for the report you guys!

Hopefully, this week I might get to venture out and see if the boat works! I am also getting kinda hungry for a fresh walleye meal!

Steve, I do fish for Lakers- well, if that is what you want to call those cigars out on Burntside!!! I just sometimes get the itch to get out and fish for all species...I do have alot of time on my hands during the winter, you know! laugh.gif

Justin