Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wish2Fish

Fly fishing conditions and guide?

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm going to be in Lanesboro with my wife Sunday-Tuesday, would like to fly fish if conditions are okay. Has the flooding shut down action this year, or is it still worth doing. Also, would love any recommendations for a fly-fishing guide in the area. Thanks.

Hi Jay, thanks for stopping by.

Conditions are just fine for fishing of any type around here, so that won't be a concern. You'll be surprised to see that most of SE MN is no different than it ever was before as the visibly destructive flood damage was confined to a relatively small area in comparison to all of southeast Minnesota.

Lanesboro and the streams around it are in good shape...you'll still see signs of the flood though.

As far as a guide goes, you'll have to a google search since there are no guides who are sponsors here. That shouldn't prove to be very difficult though... smile.gif

Good luck and good fishing!

wish why don't you shoot me an e-mail about the guide thingy we can't really say any names on here or it will get the Kabosh

ikeslayer@hotmail.com

Thanks for the help...I am all set!!!

Jay

jay let us know how the trip goes. and pictures are always nice too. good luck

ike

Ike, we went out yesterday afternoon (Monday) around 4:00. My wife had never been fly fishing before, so I think it's a testament to our guide and the fishery that she landed 5 brown trout. I caught two, plus I gave about a dozen flies to the walnut trees. We had a great time. Our guide was terrific--a very patient and skilled instructor! I'd love to share his contact information with anyone who wants to fish the trout waters in SE Minnesota. I'd invite anyone to reach me by email.

Thanks!!

Jay

Quote:

Our guide was terrific--a very patient and skilled instructor! I'd love to share his contact information with anyone who wants to fish the trout waters in SE Minnesota. I'd invite anyone to reach me by email.

Glad you had a good time and a good experience. Feel free to share his name/business if you'd like. Just leave out any contact info such as phone/address/email/etc.

great glad to hear it was success. Fishing in the fall can be fantastic. Good job!!!! i will shoot you an e-mail. ike

Glad you had a good time and a good experience. Feel free to share his name/business if you'd like. Just leave out any contact info such as phone/address/email/etc.

Cool! Our guide was Dave from On The Fly guide service in Rochester. A very good guide!!

I think the flooding washed out/down a lot of the crap in the river. The few times I have been down it this fall it has been so clean and clear. I think the flooding actually had a positive effect to the river.

Glad you had success on your trip.