Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt C

So...

17 posts in this topic

I get my 4 year old daughter all bundled up to go slay the fish out on Tetonka this morning. Nice and cool out, couldn't ask for better weather to sit out on the boat and have daddy daughter time. Wife at work, sons in school. Ahhhh.

Drop the boat in, park the truck. Turn the key - dead friggin battery. Go to my truck to get my jumper cables, they are not in there, I cleaned my truck out after my Mille Lacs trip.

I think now that i'm back home, I will make a drink or 6 and watch sports center all afternoon.

At least the Vikings won yesterday smile.gif

At least the Patriots won yesterday with who the Vikings should still have. grin.gif

Yeah, Brady / Moss combo, they cold be the AFC contenders. smile.gif

Hey, Bunt2k, an old guy told me before I even bought my boat that i would want to keep a sall battery charger on my boat for the cranking battery. He said the lower RPMs wont be enough to keep it charged and that when i garage the boat plug it in with the on-board deep cycle charger. I do it but didnt know he had a point. Told me to just get 1 of those small trickle chargers the shuts off when the charge is full. guess he was right. still to bad it had to happen when you were on the lake! well better luck next time. talk to ya later...... Todd confused.gif

It was totally my stupidity. Forgot I had the kids out on it on Labor day, live wells running, GPS, graph, and radio on for 12 hours without the motor going. Pulled it in, and never thought about it.

I always have it charged up, cept for this one time... in a daze, only had one cup of my daily pot of coffee in me. Didnt even dawn on me. Silly thing is, I have 2 other batteries in the boat for the trolling motor, I could have just swapped. lol. Thought about pull start, then I realized, that aint going to happen on a 4-stroke 150. I'm not popeye with a can of spinach. Dont think it even has that option blush.gif

Oh well, I guess someone didnt want me to hammer the eyes today on Tetonka. Theres always next Monday morning. smile.gif

Moss, what a head case. Not a team player. More of a cancer if you ask me. Lets see if NE can survive the year.

MD, come on. Moss has never had a coaching staff to support and lead him. In previous experiences, he was coaching the coach. Not how it should have been. The coaching staff at NE should be the right crew for the job, I hope, because I would really like to see him do well.

You may be right T.O., but MD has a point, there was too much individualism there, not what it takes to gel as a team. To him it was just him & the quarterback. He was best when Chris Carter had mentored him & kept him humble, once he left I think he thought he was all it. I wouldn't want to work with someone like that. You gotta look out for each other. He will be humbled again one day...maybe with age.

L2f By the way, sorry to hear of you're troubles Bunt2k, been there, done that, & the next week, calm evening, starting to work the shoreline & the prop fell off the bow mount. Both of these on Tetonka. confused.gif

L2f

I agree Muddog, to much of a hotdog for me. He is a great player but, all the other things he does on the field and being a player only for himself, forget it.

If I owned a team I would lose the season before I would sign Randy.

bunt2k, I believe we have all had some of those days and no, they are not fun and can sure ruin a day on the lake.

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Been there done that.

Quote:

If I owned a team I would lose the season before I would sign Randy.

Exactly what the Vikings did! I am not a big fan of Randy either but how can you trade pure talent like that. You guys are also fooling yourselves if you think Randy is the only one in the NFL with the same attitude. How many times have you heard I want to be traded to a winning team. Look at Kevin Garnett in that position. He was on TV many times talking about guns and bombs. He also stated many times that for the good of him he should be traded to a winning team. Everyone thought he was a angel and a role model. Any beter than Moss, I don't think so! I think the Vikings could be 60 catholic school boys from Minnesota and you guys would still find something to complain about. Randy is the real deal whether you like it or not. Show me another player that had stats that were even remotely close to his. smirk.gif Sorry to hijack this thread.

HOW MUCH ARE THEM TRICKLE CHARGERS...

at least when we had Moss we scored TDs now it is boring to watch.. you guys sit at home on Sundays and then I will have the lake all to myself HEHE grin.gifgrin.gif

I got a small one for like $30 at menards but like anything else you can spend about as much as you want on one with all the bells and whistles.

I do miss the flashiness of a player like Moss on our team....But then again, we now have Adrian.

Quote:

you guys sit at home on Sundays and then I will have the lake all to myself HEHE

Thats what ESPN is for. I have not found a sport that will keep me in front of a TV on a weekend afternoon in the fall. smirk.gif

I quit watching the T-wolves when they got rid of all there good guards and kept that Hudson. He had one good game the year before after missing 70% of the year with a injury. So they keep him? confused.gif The team did start going down hill when M Sealy (?) died.

Quote:

Quote:

you guys sit at home on Sundays and then I will have the lake all to myself HEHE

Thats what ESPN is for. I have not found a sport that will keep me in front of a TV on a weekend afternoon in the fall. smirk.gif

That's what a DVR is for. Games go by much faster with it.

Two words: Kevin McHale. shocked.gif