• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jumping on the band wagon!

Scott K

So far the summer almost all of the Vikings talk on here has been negative. I know its only week one. I have been excited about this season all year. They sure looked good against a bad Atlanta team. I believe they will have a good chance at getting in the playoffs this year. Is anyone else with me on this? Or do I need to wait until week 8 to get anyone else pumped up about our Vikings? Lets go fans, cheer for your home team. Lets go VIKES!

The Vikings looked good???? Can I buy what you're smoking? The queens run defense looked good, pass defense was better but not brilliant, special teams were ok, and the offence sucked. They'll be lucky to be better than .500 .

Quote:

pass defense was better but not brilliant, special teams were ok, and the offence sucked. They'll be lucky to be better than .500 .

Which game were you watching???? Two interceptions for touchdowns. 5 punts inside the 20yd line. And a rookie running back putting up over 100 yards on the ground with one receiving touchdown.

I'm with wanderingeyes. Go Vikings!! I was at the game yesterday and still don't have my voice back yet.

By the way did you notice that the Bears are in last place in the NFC North this morning??? I know it's only week one, but if you are going to claim to be a fan you need to be a fan and have faith in your team. Obviously the only thing you are a fan of is starting a good argument.

too bad atlanta looked like the Vikings of last year with all the mistakes and penalties and futile offense!!!

I am not smoking anything. I watched the game, I realize our offense wasnt high powerd, but I seen a few nice plays, Rice is going to be good, Jackson played a pretty clean game, no turnovers, that was his fault. Peterson looked good, defense cant complain there, 3 pts! Special teams, looked better then in preseason, Williamson actually caught a pass grin.gif, This young core of talent will get better as the season goes on. I know they only played one game, against Atlanta, but I am impressed and excited to watch this team this year, thats more then I can say about the last 3-4 years.

Even though the Vikes looked pretty good yesterday, I think they'll be lucky to get a wild card at best. I'm hoping for the best, and will be cheering for them all the way. It will be tough for the D to carry the offense the whole season. Lets hope the offense starts clickin'...

I watched the game and enjoyed it. While I hope they have a good year this year, you can see the talent is getting there and if the defense keeps it up, the offense should only get better and better. They might have a good chance by next season. Either way go VIKES !!!! grin.gif

I was at the game yesterday and it was fun to watch the Defense play as hard as they did. Jackson was average, I hope as he gets more experience under his belt he will improve. Adrian Peterson was a stud! As fans we got to take it one week at a time, I don't want to predict playoffs. We will have to be patient and see some of these young guys turn out. Go Vikes!!!

i think they will be as good as their offensive line plays. if birk is healthy and dominant this year and if big hutch gels with the line better than last year, the line will provide us with enough protection to sqeek out more wins than last year.

oh yeah, and hopefully they can control the penalties.

Quote:

too bad atlanta looked like the Vikings of last year with all the mistakes and penalties and futile offense!!!

That statement right there says that they are improved!!!

What more can you ask for? Improvement is better than going the other way.

A wild card playoff berth would a miracle IMO.

6-8 Wins max.

Peterson is going to get crushed most of the league and all of the division knows we can't throw the ball down the Field effectively.

I think T Jack threw a few good balls downfield yesterday, there is more promise for this offense than people are giving credit... saying that, the inexperience of the key players on O will be the kick in the shorts this year

I also think 6-8 wins is realistic. At the same time if NO, Chicago, Dallas, and Philly are suppose too be the top of the NFC than the playoffs dont seem as impossible. None of them looked real dominant in any fashion this week.

Its the next couple of seasons that hold some great promise. Bring along T-Jack, Peterson and Rice and add in all the salary cap room they have going into next year and its looking decent.

i think everybody needs to wait until we get into the meaty part of the schedule when we could lose 4 staight to chicago, dallas, philly and sd. we will see how the pass defense has improved next week in detroit. mike martz may do work on us. our only shot at the wild card is if we win the first four, then 1 of those next four. if we could be 5-3 at that point we have a 15% chance at it.

I think they should give Chester Taylor 80% of the carries for the first half of each game, then let Peterson take the load during the second half when the defense is tired he'll be fresh.

Quote:

I think they should give Chester Taylor 80% of the carries for the first half of each game, then let Peterson take the load during the second half when the defense is tired he'll be fresh.

I actually like the sounds of that- it makes alot of sense

How come we didnt see fergurson in there is he hurt? or did I just miss him. Was a great win and hopefully after tommorrow we will be 2-0 grin.gif

I'm hoping for the best but not ready to get too excited yet. After all, how many times did the offense make it into the red zone? Once the entire game if memory serves.

Well it was a game to see which team is worse, it was a good battle! The Vikings won that crown.The game was very sloppy, and the offense didnt have anything, but somehow they stayed in the game. If they dont improve alot, they wont win much this year frown.gif , I wont give up yet, but if they continue like this it will be a short season.

Quote:

So far the summer almost all of the Vikings talk on here has been negative. I know its only week one. I have been excited about this season all year. They sure looked good against a bad Atlanta team. I believe they will have a good chance at getting in the playoffs this year. Is anyone else with me on this? Or do I need to wait until week 8 to get anyone else pumped up about our Vikings? Lets go fans, cheer for your home team. Lets go VIKES!

Vikings dont look good at all... They have no passing game what so ever.. Simply because, they have no Wr's nor do they have a qb to throw the ball...

Viking's running game is decent though.. Their defense isnt bad as well...

I predicting the Vikings will have only 4 wins this season before it started....

Now I am thinking we won't even have that.

Huge fan, but I am realistic too.

I will admit its been hard to watch them play the last 2 weeks. I know they played some bad teams and lossed to them, but the defense did keep them in the game. They were really close losses. Either game was in reach at the very end, and could have been just one good play from a win. We could easily be 3-0 right now!

I know they are coming into some good teams now, but if the offense can step it up, make a few more catches, some better throws, some better calls by the coach, or even a couple calls to go our way from the refs, we could still win a few games this year. My hopes of the playoffs are gone, but if they can atleast pull off 7-9,8-8, it would be an improvement. I think if they lose the next couple games, it will be really hard to watch them anymore. Then I am sure the only games we will be able to watch are away games, or if you go to the games confused.gif .Oh well the minnesota slogan, We always have next year! grin.gif

Maybe its the frustration talking but I believe if you are a Vikings fan you are doomed to nothing but a mediocre team with flashes of hope. There is always just enough to get you pumped up just to make the let down even more disappointing. They are my team and I'll sit there and watch them every week and root for them but I would never put money on them.

Granted they had that touchdown taken away from them last week that basically cost them the game but they still had plenty of time and they found a way to lose the game like always.