• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Croix White Bass

imgoing2sleep

I am going to be fishing the Croix Tuesday and would like to target some white bass. Does anyone know if they are still active up in Hudson? I remember seeing some posts a couple weeks ago about that and would like to give that a try. Any ideas on how deep they are and what presentations to try?

Look for the gulls and also with your sonar, look for the bait clouds and surface activity. If they are feeding they will be pushing the shad to the surface and will whack most anything. I like #5 shadraps in firetiger or shad patterns, small rattle raps in shad, green/gold/ firetiger aren't bad either or if you want to have some fun try working a popper on the surface.

Tunrevir~

How late into the season will the silvers be schooling up? My calender isn't looking too good, but I'd like to hit the croix (beanies landing area) one last time sometime this month, just want to know if the white bass will still be active.

IMO the best silver bass bite occurs in late october.I do alot of rippin bladebaits in late season,and when you get on a school of silvers put on a jig.Ive caught numerous fish without bait on a jig,they just go crazy crazy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I usually fish by that old railroad track right in Hudson city... i do well with the white bass.... That spot, i would say, is the best shore fishing spot .. Try it..

is the whitebass still jumpin and chasin bait fish around the hudson area? been bow huntin and haven't been fishin so i might get out there this weekend.