Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wishing for walleyes

Fall Bite Has Started

10 posts in this topic

Seems as though the walleyes are getting hungry.I caught 4 walleyes on friday with 2 of them 28 inches and 2 of them 17 inches.Also caught a 20+ carp.Deep running shad rap in 8-12 FOW.The shad had to be bouncing off the bottom with the speed at 3.3 mph.Here`s a picture of 1 of the 28 inchers.Only the 17 inchers were kept so the 28`s are out there to be caught again. Dans077.jpg

Hey Wishing,

Good report and great pic! Can you tell me what you have to do to post the picture with your report? Thanks. blush.gif

Hi Norselander I upload my pictures to photobucket.Then when posting here click on image.In my photobucket picture i copy direct link and paste it.Here`s a picture of a 3.51 23 incher my girlfriend caught this morning. Dans.jpg

Are you fishing the Fairmont area lakes? I am from Worthington and have never fished over in that area. What lake would be a good starting point? I've heard Fox is a good lake. Nice fish.

Fox is a great lake to fish.I fish it alot.Was told this morning that someone caught 3 muskies while trolling for eyes on fox.Fox has lots of cats and lots of eyes.Big Twin north of fox lake is another very good lake.Be carefull on big twin on the north side of the island.There are rocks in shallow water on the north side and are not marked.

Looks like you've got 'em pegged. Great looking fish.

I THOUGHT THERE WAS AN ISSUE ABOUT SHOWING NON RELEASE PICTURES !

In "wishing's" original post he indicated that each fish, with the exception of the 17" fish, were released. With that being said, I have left the photos go. Forum policy does indicate photos should be in good taste, so then it becomes a matter of interpretation. I think a lesson that can be learned from this, though, is that if you're by yourself or some other cirumstance does not allow for a quality photo, forget the photo and get the fish back in the water.

Wishing- it was good meeting you the other day- good luck out there, I am sure I'll see you around!

zamboni It was nice meeting you as well.If you would like to go out fishing with me sometime just let me know.Also i am going to team otters seminar tuesday night if you would be interested in going i will be going right through truman.I have wednesday,friday,saturday and sunday off this next week so lots of time to fish.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Sleder
      Wanderer ,I believe Ely seizure was something to do with the BWCA . Lots of articles in newspaper .Some law about no commercial activity ( an active viable fishery) in side of park unless it enhances park like canoe rentals ect.... They were trying to stop Fishery for last number of years. I believe DNR does not want to do away with Frozen Bait Market , they just don't want fish from the Great Lakes or other contaminated areas to bring diesese to inland lakes.  If fish does not have a VHS Certification Number on its package , I would not be using it for bait.  Grocery store stuff totally Illegal ...  I emailed a Bait Company that has VHS Certified Smelt and Alewifes   info@awesomeadventuresfisheries.com     They gave me a list of stores that carry their products ... Save hunting around for Legal Bait   Hope this Helps
    • Sushilicious
      We only fished for 5 hours (only 2 hours were worthwhile 29 ft).  
    • Sushilicious
      OK so day before father's day we had terrible weather. 1st spot was in 14 ft of current n we caught 4 eyes. Did c a sturgeon role but waste of time other than that. Next spot 6 eyes still a wasted time cause of the weather but the old man did caught a 20 in so it wasn't all that bad. But once the weather allowed we catch  26 eyes n in 29 ft of water n one was 24 in.
    • Sushilicious
      Definitely have 2 disagree with with u 2. I understand the drive n the worry but if you've fished the csn chain for 10+ years there shouldn't be a worry 2 find a campsite cause you've driven past plenty of them. Also we're in the same boat regardless of the travel distance to fine a campsite. Yes it is nice 2 have a guaranteed spot but since they went 2 paid 2 camp regulation they have taken out a number of campsites so it limits options. ALSO U R WAY WRONG ON SAYING MORE PPL R AT THE PARK NOW. I went last Saturday  (day before father's day) n we seen like 4 or 5 more boats than canoes. It's nice for ppl who don't know the csn chain but it's terrible for the economy.   Fyi. First time I went fishing on the chain I went lake trout fishing on David......... I was 6 weeks old ......... I'm 32 now..... my dad's been fishing the csn chain for 65+ years    P.s. love how there's less pressure=better fishing.
    • Rachelkate21
      Hey! Does anyone know any brooks/steams/rivers that would be full of trout? Preferably near lakeville, mn but ill travel!
    • redlabguy
      Nice fish, Jeff. And good lesson on 1/2 crawlers, Cliff. I'm off the water for a few days with family doings, but should report I've seen a lot of mayflies in Frazer and near the portage. Clouds on the sonar and slicks of the water. I'm guessing it's not the big hatch, but it's providing a lot of food for fish. good luck out there.
    • osok
      Just got back into town from a slightly too long "vacation" dealing with relatives. Anywho, how has the fishing been on Superior, are the fish local or have they migrated N.E? 
    • AaronTC05
      I just bought a new Elite 7TI and the sun cover it came with doesn't really snap on very securely.  I'd say it just rests loosely on the outside.  It won't fall off if I flip it upside down, but it feels like it wouldn't stay on going down the highway or withstand any sort of jarring.  It takes hardly any pressure to pull it off.  Is this normal or is it a defect?  I've never owned a graph with a sun cover so I'm not familiar, but I imagined it would be a lot more snug.    
    • leech~~
      We will see if Sailorfly is another ask a silly question one hit wonder? 
    • jiggin9
      I have a Lowrance Elite 7 and was curious what lake chip most of you recommend for Lake of the Woods.  The insight pro chip that came with my unit is very basic for up there and was looking for a more detailed chip.  I'm not sure what brands are compatible with the Lowrance and which ones aren't.        Thanks in advance!