Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BeerHunter

Possible ND State Record Buck

27 posts in this topic

I was talking to my buddy in ND whos land we duck and pheasant hunt on and he told me about his buddy who shot a possible state record buck in Southeastern ND.

Here are the pics

35064.jpg

35065.jpg

just thought you all might want to see this

wowser, unreal, good stuff, congrats to the hunter

Very impressive! Sure is odd to see velvet still on. Us MN hunters rarely get to see that during the early season!

That's neat. Love to see the velvet. Wonder what that baby weighs and scores...

This might flirt with forum policy,,,,,

Holy sh!t

That is marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!

Velvet is fairly normal for the first 6-10 days in North dakota. I have shot 2 bucks in Velvet in the first week in Sept in ND in the last 7 years.

What an amazing buck!! Check out those drop tines.

On another website they say it scored between 216 and 243!

Once this beauty has dried down, then they can have it scored for a final total. If this buck doesnt break the record, it for sure is a buck of all hunters dreams or at least mine. I saw a typical 17 pointer shot where we hunt about 10 years ago and that also would make one drool.

I deer hunt to enjoy the hunt and friendships made but for me, a buck of this size would really make my year.

Wow!

Are you sure it was taken in North Dakota, I see a tree in the background smile.gifgrin.gifwink.gif

jlm that's a good point. It even looks like they took the pic on a hill, That can't be ND! grin.gif

That is an awesome buck!! I would love to get a chance to just see a deer like that!!

Where I hunt in North dakota it is somewhat hilly and thousands of acres of trees. I would guess that only the southeast part of the state has numerous trees other than the tree claims.

Very gnarly looking. Awesome deer.

who planted that tree on his head??? he he

A friend of a friend shot it. Taken the 1st 1/2 hour of the first day, he had the deer's pattern pegged down for a while. He said 240" 9X9 double drop tine. Good thing the 2- 160" and the 1- 170" he was with still are around!! smile.gif

SAAAWWEEEEEEEEET!

shocked.gif WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked.gif

Holy cow, That is a monster buck.

I heard rumors of major deer drama between this guy and the neighboring land owner. Also, one of the pro teams that claim to be "fair chase hunters" was contacted and paid a large chunk of money to get a crack at him.

Quote:

I heard rumors of major deer drama between this guy and the neighboring land owner. Also, one of the pro teams that claim to be "fair chase hunters" was contacted and paid a large chunk of money to get a crack at him.

Can you expand on this? What do you mean?

I really shouldn't have posted on this because it’s totally hear-say (but from a fairly reliable source)

First of all, lots of wildlife-eye footage was captured of this giant, phone calls were made to those in the business to try to fatten somebody’s pockets. Then a feeder went up 20 yards on one side of the fence that borders the two properties, and then another feeder went up on the other side of the fence.

Other than that, it sounded like a new age Hatfield / McCoy battle complete with verbal bashing and threats.

I’m not sure what I’d do in the same situation so I can’t judge, and I’m not trying to judge, it’s just what I heard thru the grape vine and I found it interesting on a few different levels.

So one neighbor wanted to sell a hunt on his property showing off this particular buck. The other neighbor, on his own property, ended up shooting the deer himself.

I didn't think a buck could be scored as a record while it is still in velvet, anyone know for sure? Great buck no matter what the circumstances.

Maybe BeerHunter could shed some light on the subject

sorry smirk.gif