• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Salary Cap League Starters

Scott M

yeah, what's up with the player prices. someone in my league pointed out that michael vick's value rose last week and he isn't even playing.

No relief on the prices.

But, I did prop myself up into 2nd place this week with all the NE players on BYE. I'll probably stay here the rest of the season, BUT, and this is a huge BUT, if the Pats lock up homefield and go 14-0, 15-0, etc., will Brady be playing all game? Will he get cheap-shotted? If that were to happen, it would open the door for me to take 1st place because the guy ahead of me is riding Brady and Moss. I'm riding Moss also but I believe my other positions are stronger, just not strong enough to overcome Brady throwing an average of 4+ Td's a week.

Will post my roster later...

what does a guy do with adrian peterson. hang onto him or drop him. i meam who knows how long he'll be out. i've heard one week, but the team isn't going anywhere this year, why not hold him out for 2 if not 3 weeks if you're the vikings.

oh yeah, i dropped to 2nd after moss was on a bye, and the guy in 2nd place scored big with bulger.

AD has been absolutely feast or famine all year. I guess if you have him locked in at the rookie minimum, like $4.50, then hold onto him. Otherwise I don't know....He still wants to play to reach his incentives in his contract but I think the organization will take it easy with him so they don't get him hurt for good....Selvin Young, Justin Fargas, Jesse Chatman, and Priest Holmes are cheap, as are a few other backs.

QB-Roethlisberger

RB-Willie Parker

RB-Jesse Chatman (7.44...S. Young and R. Grant are also cheap)

WR-Moss

WR-Wayne

WR-Edwards

TE-H. Miller

K-Folk

DEF-Oakland

Bargain of the week: Andre Johnson returns from his week 3 injury at the same time as Matt Schaub and is available for like $6. I can't swap out the value I've made on my WRs so I'm posting this for others to use.

Good luck this week, and if you spot any other bargains let us know!

QB-Roethlisberger

RB-Kolby Smith, KC....$3.78 (Starting RB with LJ out and PH retiring, risky but OAK is 32nd Rush DEF)

RB-Maurice Morris

WR-Moss

WR-Edwards

WR-Wayne

TE-Miller

K-Folk

DEF-Pitt

Wow, Did the Steeler stink on Monday night. Nothing from Big Ben but my Steelers defense looked good. I also went with Antonio Gates at the last minute and he scored twice. I was happy with that, but disappointd in Big Ben considering Brady had an off week and I could have made up some ground.

Will make my roster decisions tonight or tomorrow.

QB-Roethlisberger (If you can get Derek Anderson, the Browns have a really weak schedule from here out...this last month he might put up some nice numbers)

RB-K. Smith (I don't expect a repeat performance but he's cheap)

RB-E. Graham (Scored 3 weeks straight, nice matchup as well)

WR-Edwards

WR-Moss

WR-Wayne

TE-Gates

K-Folk

DEF-St. Louis (Quietly playing well of late, also playing Atlanta this week...a cheap defense)

I plugged in Kolby Smith as well last week. Also, I picked up C. Taylor cheap once AP went down and I've climbed up pretty good in the rankings the past few weeks. This week I"m going with:

QB: T. Romo - had him for a while and I expect a shootout tonight

RB: J. Fargus - pretty cheap and traded out Taylor here with AP coming back

RB: K. Smith - don't like the matchup this week, but I'll be surprised if LJ comes back at all this year. The way the Chiefs like to run the ball you know he's going to get the carries.

WR: R. Moss

WR: W. Welker

WR: M. Colston - has come on as of late. traded out Burress for him

TE: A. Gates

K: P. Dawson

D: Dallas

I've moved up to #245 in the GB group and up to #187 in the MN group.

I've also made the finals for the NBC Sports Fantasy Football Challenge. I finished the regular season around 230th place overall and first for my affiliate down here in Rochester. Anyone else doing this one?

Early indications are it could be another wet one in Steel Town. Big Ben may not be that great an option even though it is against Cincinnati. I scheduled Ben to go in my NBC line up but pulled him today in favor of Romo.

Good call DTE,

Don't know what I can afford to do, I might have to see about the Steelers game. Cincy is a weak passing defense but I cannot afford another game like Monday from Big Ben.

Sounds like you are dealed in for salcap this year...You should have posted your lineup more often to help me up! smile.gif

Good luck this last month.

Thanks for the heads up about the pitt weather. Last week I went with Warner over Roth-burger and it got me the win. I was leaning toward Warner again vs CLEVELAND, but with Fitz a little knicked I was thinking about going back to the ROTH. I think I'll stay with Warner though he has been good for about 2 TD's every week.

my lineup for the week:

brees

grant

addai

moss

edwards

andre johnson

gates

crosby

pitt

i've been doing well lately and i am in a close battle for first place in our league

Quote:

Warner though he has been good for about 2 TD's every week.

He did it again. Another win for me. Regardless of what ROTH does.

I believe I've got the 1st place guy in my league on the ropes with Brady struggling. I could make a move for Brady to ensure I have a chance to beat him with my other players as they are superior to his WRs, RBs, K, and TE.

Everybody else doing well I hope?

Making a few changes with the lineup this week. Dropped a few spots as well in both the MN and WI group. Here's what I"m going with:

QB: Romo - should be another good week in Detroit

RB: K. Smith - still a bargain and facing a week Denver run D

R. Grant - dropped Fargas in favor of Grant. Oakland run D is bad as well.

WR: T. Owens - Moss seems to be slipping the past couple weeks, so I swapped him out for Owens

B. Johnson - very cheap and AZ is thin a WR right now due to injury. Could be a good sleeper.

W. Welker - Still keeping him around

TE: A. Gates - no change

K: R. Longwell - needed to find a cheaper alternative than Dawson to get Owens on the roster. Favorable schedule and the offense is starting to click should result in more opportunities for Longwell.

Def: Dallas - no change here.

I don't like Johnson from AZ. Thin at WR just means he will draw the best coverage from a tough-fast under-rated Seahawks Defense. I'm staying away from Warner and AZ in general this week.

Yeah, they were just talking up the Seattle pass defense on ESPN as well. I may look elsewhere to see if there are any other bargains. M. Furrey may be a good sleeper with R. Williams now out, but Detroit has been going down the tubes as of late as well.

I like that lineup DTA. Bryant Johnson should have a nice week w/o Fitz or Bolden.

I have

QB-P. Manning (Didn't like Roth's matchup with New England, but watch he'll throw for 4 and upset NE)

RB-K. Smith

RB-Graham (I am split between E. Graham and R. Grant...they are both on tears and are cheap for around $10)

WR-Moss

WR-Wayne

WR-Edwards

TE-Winslow (Reliable and cheaper than Gates)

K-Folk

DEF-Buffalo (cheap, playing well of late and vs. pathetic Miami)

This is another week where there are some WRs that can really produce that are cheap. If I wasn't locked into a 3some that I got a good deal on and are looking to be favorite picks each week for the rest of the season, I would chase after them...Guys like Sid Rice, B. Johnson, Engram, Roddy White, Arnaz Battle)

Good cheap RBs-Droughns, Fargas, Fred Jackson. I like AD's matchup but he's spendy...Next year everybody and their dog will have AD week 1.

If you can't tell I love the plug and play matchup of the week on my team defense. I save a couple bucks that way.

Looking at the Seattle game. Burleson, Engram, or Branch all have sleeper potential with 2 starters in the AZ secondary out, the question is which one???

Arnaz Battle might be a cheap option going against the 32nd ranked pass defense blush.gif.

Justin Gage TEN is developing into V. youngs favorite target and they face the (21st ranked Vs. pass) chargers. I'm not sure how cheap he would be.

(318 yards & 2 TD's in the last 4 weeks)

Quote:

Looking at the Seattle game. Burleson, Engram, or Branch all have sleeper potential with 2 starters in the AZ secondary out, the question is which one???

Arnaz Battle might be a cheap option going against the 32nd ranked pass defense
blush.gif

Good calls. Guess a whole WR corps from SEA and Hasselbeck would have netted a nice game.

Quote:

I'm staying away from Warner and AZ in general this week.

Warner had 5 int's, yet 3 TDs. Big Ben stalled in the red zone, cost me 9 points. I'm up by 5 points, but the guy has either Stecker (currently in lineup) or Dunn. Its 15 yards per point, 6/TD so I'm hold out hope.

BTW- Thanks B. Jacobs for fumbling twice and squandering what little points you did acrue.

Figures, I drop Moss for Owens and Moss goes off. As a result, I made a few roster edits for this week. I think NE players are going to go off against the Jets this week. Remember it was the Jets Head Coach who turned in NE after week 1 on spying. Wish I could pull both Brady and Moss, but I can't get the numbers to work as Brady's price is darn near untouchable at $28+. Here's what I'm thinking early for next weeks lineup:

QB: D. Anderson - switched Romo out for cost saving measures. Not much of a drop off and Anderson has been solid.

RB R. Grant/ K. Smith - No change here unless I find out later in the week LJ is coming back, plus you can't beat the price I got them at.

WR: T. Owens - expect big things against his former team

WR: W. Welker - no change

WR: R. Moss - made sacrifices elsewhere to get this player back. I expect a big week against the Jets this week.

TE: A. Gates - no reason to change

K: R. Longwell - should get plenty of opportunities Monday against the Bears

Def: Miami - here where I made the big sacrifice, but saved a bunch of funds in the move. They play Baltimore at home this week, so hopefully the drop off won't be too bad.

Right now I'm sitting at #325 for MN Fans and #459 for GB fans. Hopefully I'll bump that up a bit this week.

in my first year of salary cap, i'm at #104 in 'fans from mn'

i switched to mn defense last week and it paid off big. brees also cashed in for me. i scorde 138.51 last week.

heres my current lineup, and to think i almost dropped gates for witten last week.

brees

addai

grant

moss

edwards

a johnson

gates

crosby

mn

I'm pretty nervous with 3 games to go. I'm still like 45 points out of 1st and I see Brady going off against the Jets this week in revenge for spygate so it will be hard to gain ground having to deal with that.

QB-Manning

RB-Grant (traded out Kolby Smith, I expect the Pack to run more so Favre isn't worn down)

RB-Graham

WR-Moss

WR-Edwards

WR-Welker (traded out R. Wayne)

TE-Eric Johnson (cheap, has a couple TDs and got some looks in the red zone last week)

K-Folk

DEF-Baltimore (vs. Miami)

I'm kind of sweating things. I could get some value taking lower WRs, but its really risky. All that value would be put into Brady and then I'd have the same team as the first place guy...Not a good strategy.

We'll see how it goes. I don't want to overthink things here at the end...

QB-Manning

RB-Grant

RB-Graham

WR-Mosss

WR-Welker

WR-Edwards

TE-Winslow

K-Folk

DEF-Arizona

Need big points this weekend to move into first. It's neck and neck!