• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Was looking at old stocking data and saw the DL DNR did three years of fingerling muskie stocking in Buck's Mill Pond from 1998-2000. Anyone know what the point of that was? Rearing pond or hoping they would go downstream into Pelican?

Well, I should spend less time lurking here and more time forecasting the best day for my final week of MN fishing the 16th before I start sitting in a tree with my boys down here.

The story on Buck's Mill Pond is that the DNR puts in several hundred to thousands of Leech strain fingerlings each year, then drains the lake in mid October and those fish are used for stocking. Sometimes for DL area lakes but could be anywhere in state that stocking fish are needed.

Been driving by this for a lifetime and had no idea.

JM