Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alex1

Itasca State Park Fishing

5 posts in this topic

I know it's kinda late notice, but has anyone been doing any fishing on Itasca or lakes in the park? Will be coming up in the a.m. tomorrow and wanting to do some fishing. Just wondering if the fishing has been any good. Thanks in advance, even if he fish aren't cooperating I guess you still can't beet a weekend in God's country.

I would head to Lake Itasca and drag some crawlers in 8-14ft for some action with 'eyes mixed in. I haven't heard of anything else going on up there lately.

good luck

dan

Dano, thanks for the info, I appreciate it. That's what I was hopeing to catch (eyes). I guess a fight on the line if nothing else is still better than no fight cool.gif Was there any specific blade color and float color that seemed to be working better than others? confused.gif

fish them on an unpainted 1/8th oz jig head. Jonah

Thanks guys for the info, didn't do great for the eyes' but did mannage ot catch 4 between the the 2 of us. We did find some vey nice bull gills and had a blast with them. Kept enough to have a meal at home and let the rest go, it's fun when you can catch gills that are running in the double digit inch range. Great to be in the beautiful woods area.