Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
krats

Stolen Boat the "Vada Grace" Please help us find her.

16 posts in this topic

My fellow FM'ers, I am posting this for my brother's wife in the hope that this message will reach one of you who has seen this unique boat. It was stolen from a farm near Atwater and we are asking for your help finding her.

My dad's boat was stolen from my Grandpa's farm, along with a bunch of other stuff. There was a report of seeing the boat by Annandale on Monday the 27th of August.

This is a wooden steam powered paddle boat called the "Vada Grace". It is homemade and is my dad's pride an joy. It is a very unique boat, so we're hoping we can catch these guys by having someone see the boat.

Please contact Theresa or Wesley at one of the following numbers, or reply to my post if you have any information regarding the location of the boat.

I have attached a link to a few photos of the boat.

Theresa (Bosch) Stark 928-339-4459

Wesley Bosch 320-974-8078

Thank you for your help.

[image]vadagrace2os0.th.jpg[/image]

[image]waterdb5.th.jpg[/image]

[image]vadagrace1go6.th.jpg[/image]

[image]enginejq9.th.jpg[/image]

I will keep my eyes open for such a cool and one of a kind boat. Sorry for there loss and I hope that they catch the bums that would dare steal such a piece of art.

That is a very cool boat, I'll keep my eyes open as well. I really hope that catch the jerks that did this and your Dad gets his boat back.

This the perfect story for WCCO. Call 1-800-444-WCCO and tell them and send the pictures. I bet you get the boat back!!!!!!

Thanks guys for your responses. I will run that WCCO idea past the family.

We appreciate everyone keeping their eyes open.

ttt

Heartbreaking. Such a cool old boat. Can't be replaced, sold, re-used.

You would think even the scummiest scum-bag would leave it along side some county road to be found and returned.....

Thats a very cool boat. It wouldnt be hard to spot with such a unique design.

Hopefully some (Contact Us Please) teenager didnt grab it to attempt a duck boat conversion.

I hope you find it too. What amazes me, is that someone would steel it in the first place? You would think it would stand out a little???? Unbelievable...

Really a unique boat. What a shame that someone would stoop that low. I hope ya nail them.

Thanks for everyones comments. We have not gotten any leads yet.

Please keep your eyes out for it.

I hate to say it since it's definitely a boat with a lot of personal attachment and a lot of work done to it, but you want to focus your attention in the engine and paddle section.

I am sure it has been stolen for "parts" since it will be impossible to sell it as is due to its uniqueness.

I would (and I will) pay attention and search for somebody with a similar project, or for the "drivetrain" for sale somewhere.

I can't believe the nerve of some people. I saw the picture of the kids in the boat and it really hit home. Whoever took this boat has no understanding of the time that your dad put into this boat and the quality family time that this boat provides. Best of luck in it's return.

I would contact every savage yard and recyclers within 50 or 100 miles that steam engine was probably seen as $$$$$ for scrap unfortunately I sure hope you get her back safe that is very cool

Thanks for the thoughts. I talked with my brother today and they have not had any leads. They do fear that it has been probably been scraped for the copper and brass. The dirt bags that stole it left a garbage bag of copper wire insulation at the scene of the crime.

He said that the original engine on the boat was just a gas engine and that his father-in-law found that steam engine somewhere down south and it was around 100 years old.

Maybe the criminals will make a dumb move and one of my fellow FMrs' will spot it somewhere.

I second contacting salvage yards, local and beyond. If they think something is stolen, they will call police while person is there. This is how they caught someone from my work at shwartzies in Anoka!!! Stupid people, turning in brass parts with our companies name on it!!!