• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

1700 Viking tix

Scott K

Will you guys just buy the last 1700 tix so I can sit at home and watch the vikings on my tv win their season opener, PLEASE!

As the VP of the Vikings said, "I think we have a very compelling entertainment platform". It made me wanna puke. What a bunch of arrogant jerks. Now they are blaming it on the bridge being out. The refuse to accept that their team has major issues on the field and their coach couldn't sell a starving man a snickers bar. Blame everyone but themselves. Ugg. It sure is hard to be a Viking fan these days. Oh, and $45 for a nosebleed seat?

Yea thats why they havent sold out any of their home games, because the bridge fell, I also heard its becuse the economy is weak. Well so is their team. LOL. I hope the game isnt blacked out though, I do want to watch it.

Supposedly according to the article I read as soon as the bridge collapsed tickets sales hit the toilet. Combine that with 35w being closed going south out of the city it is going to be a traffic nightmare getting to and from the game. Its not the only problem the team faces when trying to sell tickets but believe it or not I bet it does play a part.

I know I thought about checking out the game in person but I don't want to deal with the mess down there this weekend.

Quote:

Supposedly according to the article I read as soon as the bridge collapsed tickets sales hit the toilet. Combine that with 35w being closed going south out of the city it is going to be a traffic nightmare getting to and from the game. Its not the only problem the team faces when trying to sell tickets but believe it or not I bet it does play a part.

I know I thought about checking out the game in person but I don't want to deal with the mess down there this weekend.

I would bet money that if the vikings went 14-2 last year , the games would have been sold out before the bridge fell smirk.gif

Someone will buy out the remaining tix, and I will be able to watch it at home, Im pretty sure of it.

Minnesota is such a bandwagon state that if the vikes win their first 2 games they will sell out the rest of them pretty quick I bet.

The only thing I don't understand is that the team looked alot worse the last few years and they still sold tickets. Whats the difference between this year and the last few seaons?

they looked worse in past years??? Man, I dont belong to that camp. I think they look horrible this year. In fact, this is the worst looking team they have had since I became a fan in the early 80s. Even in the Les Steckel year they looked good early.

The coach and the upper levels of management are all about excuses, excuses, excuses. A "compelling entertainment platform". what a (Contact Us Please).

Alot of people loved Brad Johnson when he took over for Culpepper so I guess some people were drinking the Kool-Aid. I'd much rather see this years team with a young phyiscally gifted QB and a new future stud RB then last years team that was led by a 40 year old guy who couldn't throw the ball 15 yards. Its just a matter of perspective, this team is more unknown with some potential, last years team had zero chance at doing anything.

Here is the record from the last several years. If we could sell out games after that terrible 5-11 season where everyone was fighting and Green was fired then why can't we sell out a game after a 6-10 season when we have atleast one new exciting young player? You can't tell me this years team is as bad as the first few Mike Tice teams.

2006 NFL Minnesota Vikings 6-10-0

2005 NFL Minnesota Vikings 9-7-0

2004 NFL Minnesota Vikings 8-8-0

2003 NFL Minnesota Vikings 9-7-0

2002 NFL Minnesota Vikings 6-10-0

2001 NFL Minnesota Vikings 5-11-0

I agree with you, they do have a future, some up and coming players, may not be this year, but will have potential in years to come. I think this years team is better then last couple of years also, I think they will finish 9-7. Atleast I am on the bandwagon to start the year! I may fall off later in the year, but I need to start it on the wagon.

Quote:

Oh, and $45 for a nosebleed seat?

You can get nosebleed tickets as low as $9 each on a very popular online auction site. shocked.gif

Quote:

I would bet money that if the vikings went 14-2 last year , the games would have been sold out before the bridge fell
smirk.gif

If the the Vikings went 14-2 and all the bridges and freeways were out in the entire state the dome would be sold out.

Quote:

You can get nosebleed tickets as low as $9 each on a very popular online auction site.

I heard they are going for as little as $3 on a scalping site, not "ticketking", but the other one (I can't remember the name). But remember the scalping tickets and the ebay tickets won't lessen the Blackout number, cuz those tickets have already been purchased and are being resold.

The product that was put on the field was a poor one in comparison to past years. In the past when the team won 6 games, they were still fun too watch. Culpepper and Moss and the way the gameplan was wide open made for great entertainment. Its as simple as that.

I think 5-11. They don't have a proven or even slightly proven QB, and nothing at wide reciever. Teams will key on the running attack(the offenses only strength) and shut it down. Jackson can run all he wants. But he still doesn't have anybody to catch the ball. Williamson? Rice? Please...

news tonight says we need to sell these tickets, then they follow it up with the I35 bridge and another major highway closed.

well that just help sell tickets. confused.gif

I am compairing it to what they had on the field the last couple years. We had no recievers, johnson has been washed up for 5 years now. There wasnt any future in the team a few years ago. Atleast now they have something to build on. They have a pretty good defense, offensive line, good running backs, a young QB with potential, unlike johnson. I see we are in about the same shape or better with WR position than last year, better at our running game. We may have went down hill with our linebacker position. I think they will be better then last year. LETS GO VIKES !!!!!

Quote:

In the past when the team won 6 games, they were still fun too watch. Culpepper and Moss and the way the gameplan was wide open made for great entertainment. Its as simple as that.

Ding, ding, ding! James Walleye is right on.

Defenses may win championships, but potent offenses sell season tickets. "The Freak" sold a lot of tickets and got those bandwagon and those not-so-true fans interested in Vikings games again.

Well, as I said a long time ago when I last watched them choke in a Super Bowl, I'll buy a ticket and take interest in the team once they win the big one. I guess I won't be buying any tickets anytime soon grin.gif I just hope they win before I die.

I love the fact the Vikes blamed the bridge collapse and potential traffic issues as why it didn't sell out. Why don't they just tell it like it is: they are going to be horrible this year and noone wants to sit through 3 hours of torture. I honestly think without Ron Mexico playing this sunday, the Vikes could win however

Yeah, every highlight of Vick shows that overtime run he had at the dome the last time the two teams played.

I would love to buy tickets to the game, but 4 tickets, couple of dome dogs, a hat or something for the kids, and parking, wait a second I would only have to buy 3 tickets cause I would be working my 2nd job so that the wife and kids could go.