Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maximum12

Prior Lake

9 posts in this topic

Headed out to Prior this afternoon seeking the largemouth. Anyone been out lately? I'm hoping that since we've passed Labor Day the jetskis & large boats will be mostly absent...

was out this morning 7am - noon...

was in search of eyes and wound up with 2 crappies 2 bass and about a dozen sunfish....didn't keep a one....

The pans too small for keeps?

crappies were about 8in

sunnies were in the 7 to 10 inch range... could have kept them but would rathere catch them through the ice....

I fished the docks and midlake structure a few weeks ago and we had the most action on Senko worms rigged "wacky" style. Also a few bass on shallow cranks. Nothing bigger than 13-14", but the action was fairly consistent. We had the best luck fishing the shaded docks in the morning. Good luck and watch out for the early morning waterskiers!

That's about what we experienced - big fish last night was a 16" bass. But the little guys certainly became active right before that storm rolled in. On the plus side it was a nice day & the lack of big boats steaming by at 50MPH was greatly appreciated!

I think thats the story of that lake. I always catch a lot, and don't usually catch anything with size. I know they're there, but they are just hard to find.

Where is the best spot on that lake to catch fish anyways? I don't want to catch bass either ( no offense ) How about the secret for crappies on there?

i havent caught many crappies on the open water mainly on the ice