Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
berfish

Hockey Fans

berfish

THis topic has been dead for a while. I'll try to spice it up.

How are the Wild going to be this year?

How are the gophers and any other WCHA team gonna do?

I think the Wild will be about the same as they were last year. Not enough talent to compete with the elite teams.

Now the gophers...I haven't any idea how they will fare. Lost a few key players but once again have a nice group of freshmen coming in.

Lets hear some thoughts

bf

walleyes12

My 2cents

Wild will be a little better than last year. They got the same talent as last year, good goaltending, and few little improvements during the off season

Gophers will be a contending team like always.

solbes

Who's going to tend net for the goph's this year? Frazee or someone else? I have little doubt of good offensive production from some key Sophomores, but defense might be a concern.

UND seems to be everyone's favorite to win WCHA. SCSU lost their goalie, Denver lost key players, UMD lost best two players.

My favorite thing about the WCHA is there are 5 big dogs (UM, UND, UW, CC, DU) and 5 under dogs (UMD, MSU, AA, MT, and SCSU). My favorite years are when one or two of the smaller schools are competing for national ranking amongst such a tough conference. It would seem that this year the smaller schools will have a better chance than ever to compete for spots 3-5. INCH is picking Michigan Tech to do very well this year, but I'll believe that when I see it.

st.croixfishin

Wild should be better than last year. Same team playing together again means chemistry is going to be there right off the bat. They've also added some players who should help as well.

Not sure about the gophs, I haven't followed their offseason too closely, but as always I'll be rootin for them.

maros91

The Wild defenseman need to step it up. I like the addition of Sean Hill. Not afraid to throw his weight around even though he is out for the first 19 games this year. I like to see what this Petr Kalus kid can do that we got from the Bruins in the Manny trade. I heard he is the real deal Holyfield. Has speed and a heck of a shot.

upnorthtmh

I agree the Wild defense has to get much more physical. Curtis Foster in particular bothers me - big guy but he seems shy about throwing his weight around. I think this seasons success will depend totally on injuries. If Gaborik is out for an extended period of time they will have problems. I can't wait til they play Anaheim - hopefully Boogaard will put the hurt on Brad May for sucker punching Kim Johnson in the playoffs last season. Anaheim also picked up Bertuzzi - another reason to not like that team.

xedge2002

Anaheim has both Bertuzzi and May now? They must have a thing for guys that like to sucker punch good players trying to end their careers.

NAPAFISH

I dont believe they will be any better unless they get more size on D and up front.

They have to many little guys.

IFallsRon

I'll be watching the Alexandria Blizzard in the NAHL. One of the nephews is on the team, trying to get noticed by a college program. Their season starts Wednesday when the league opens in Blaine. I'm planning to see the games on Friday.