• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Have not been to madison lake since aug 25th just wondering how the crappies and eyes are biting. just wonder if the crappies are still biting around grassy island. Planning on going out this Sat.

I was there last week and the crappies were going pretty good. If you stop in at Reel Fishing & Tackle and talk to the gang there, they will get you going in the right direction as they always are a huge help.

Good Luck.

How's the shoreline fishing out on Madison? I'm going to school at MSU and have been looking to do some shorefishing. Back home we would take our fly poles and use poppers to get some bass, any bass action around here? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

The best place for shoreline fishing on Madison is probably

Buckmasters bridge in the southeast corner.

Griff,

Welcome to FM. As PDOGG mentioned, the Buckmeister area is a nice start for shore fishing. Another area to take a look at it is the "in town landing" on the North end of the lake as well as the "DNR Access" just S of Cow's Bar.

Quote:

How's the shoreline fishing out on Madison? I'm going to school at MSU and have been looking to do some shorefishing. Back home we would take our fly poles and use poppers to get some bass, any bass action around here? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Hey I am at MSU too and just went today to pick up my fishing license. A few buddies and myself are heading out to Madison to do some shore fishing tonight! If you want to come along or meet us there you can reach me at 480-824-8960 my name is Mike. I am the most avid fisher among our group and will be heading out quite often.

I will report back in with our catch after tonights adventure!

Hey 77, too bad I didn't check this earlier. I went out towards Sleepy Eye today to try and find some trout on Kindeman Creek. Saw a couple, but that was it. Let us know how you did out on Madison, I'm thinking of heading out there tomorrow if I get homework done.

I definetly want to go back out tomorrow and am possibly going to go in the early morning but if you head back out later let me know! There were three of us with two lines in the water, I was fishing small rapalas (silver, black, and blue) and my buddy was fishing crappie minnows.

We arrived shortly after 6pm at the DNR dock on the South East area (off highway 48). We received constant strikes almost immediately but no real hook ups until just before the sun phased away. Just as the sun was about to disappear she hooked into a couple small perch, a smallish walleye ~12", and a small crappie. The others on the dock hooked into similar ranges but we had the sole walleye. Once it got dark the strikes fizzled out and we called it a night around 830pm.

All in all a decent couple of hours fishing and we certainly enjoyed ourselves. I hope to get back out tomorrow early morning and find some other areas to fish in.

Looks like I will be headed back out to Madison tonight, leaving Kato around 5-515. Anyone interested in meeting there we should be at the South East DNR pier again. Should be myself and a few buds. I will probably be there tomorrow night as well! I will let you all know how it went once I get back.

Fishing was alright last night, we were out on the pier again from 530-730. Nothing huge I was fishing plastics again and once again proceeded to turn up with nothing. My partner on the other hand nailed a few small sunnies but that is all. Slow night last night, heading back out tonight and I will possibly try some other spots on Madison. Any suggestions?

Griff, sorry we missed you out there last night, we took off around 730. We (or at least I) are going back out there tonight around the same time.

Was out on madison this weekend sat and sun. not a bite on sat but sunday was pretty good no eyes though. crappies biting pretty good on the south side in front of the big brown house in 9-15 fow. water temp 64 deg.

I was also out on Saturday night. We fished until after dark and it was slow. I talked with another boat leaving the lake the same time I was, and he also said it was slow. It should start to pick up soon I hope.