• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing on Pokie from Friday to Monday was very good. During the day, the smallies and largemouth were very active on large sucker minnows in 14-20 fow. The key was to be on winblown structure with lots of baitfish action. My five year old got to reel in a 19' bass and several nice pike. I trolled cranks each of the 4 nights for walleye and had consistent actionfrom about 10pm-1am. Again, windblown structure was the key. I caught fish from 4-14' of water over weeds, rocks and sand, on the tops of flats and the edges. Speed was 1.6-1.8 and HJ12s and HJ14s in clown and white/pink were the best colors. I had my brother-in-law with me one night and a friend another. In total we caught 28 over the 4 nights. Size was 15-28 but most were 21-25. My brother-in-law caught the very fat 28 which was the biggest fish he had ever caught and his biggest walleye by a long shot. I've always liked the lake, but I'm loving it now. Ever since I spent time with Dan the guide and got the gps chip for my gps, my success hs greatly improved. Any other reports?

gkl, I have not been out for a few days now, but last time out I did get my biggest brown bass of the year, a little over 20", scaled at about 5 1/4 pounds. I got a new septic system put in so I have been dealing with that, looking forward to hit it hard this week, the fishing that is.