• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Please pull'em if you see'em!

cool.gif

Bonnie and I pulled three BIG fat ones out of pike bay in HooDoo area Sunday.

One huge one Monday.

Drug three to island - one to area by air base.

Odd thing is two of the four had prop and skeg marks --really fresh ones... so someone just did not take the time to think about the next guys coming round the bend.

Not good. crazy.gif

Big winds bring up old stuff and they are easy to move.

Everyone needs to be aware of this.

If you see'em, PLEASE PULL"EM!

It is the right thing to do to tie onto them and drag them to shore.

Easy to do and makes one feel good inside, as you really are doing everyone a big favor.

Plus it is kinda fun and if your handy you can make some dandy wood crafts with them when they dry up.

laugh.gif

Just takes minutes but the motor, boat, plane or life you save may be your own.

grin.gif

Thanks.

Wonderful Musky Tom Wehler

Dont drag them all the way onto the shore. Bass fisherman like me love them!!!!! I always run with my motor unlocked, if I run one over, my motor bounces a little and I keep on going.

Good advice Tom! Thanks!

If you do not drag them all the way to shore they will just drift out again and become a hazzard again! frown.gif

Cliff

These things have some really neat wood in them. We had one sawn and the wood had some really unique colors in the boards and it had a bit of an odor but that went away shortly after it was sawn. If you just pull it up a little, when the water comes back up again, if it does, they will just find their way back out there to do their dirty deeds another day. I suppose you could tie them off to a tree so that they would stay put.

Just thought I would bring this back to the top. I pulled in two very large "dead heads" on Sunday with the large amount of rain the Pike River dam is really moving and has dislodged many of these dead heads. They are now on my shoreline drying out. Just a word of warning when motoring through and around the Pike Bay area.

Cliff the foam finally made it down to my area on Monday morning, hope your able to now navigate the river. Probaly see you this weekend, we are going to move our household stuff to storage and try and get ready for the excavation as the tree removal will start Saturday. I have the one year permit (tree removal) and it is getting close to expire. Later Darrell.

Darrell,

Lots of new deadheads heading your way!

I still cannot get up thru the rapids to my dock! shocked.gif

Way to much current yet!

See you this weekend.

Cliff

On the west side we got 4-5 inches at least. The lake is up several inches at my dock, but we could use more.

Speaking of deadheads..... does anyone know the origin of the 'permanent' one on Norwegian Bay? For years I steered clear of that area because I thought there had to be a shallow sandbar or something there, but curiosity finally prevailed so I checked it out. That old tree trunk is sitting in 25 feet of water, and it is firmly attached to the lake bed. You can't budge it an inch! How did it get there?

PortageBay: While Cliff and I were talking I believe he said 8+ inches of rain. I was born and somewhat raised in the area and both Cliff and I agree that the river and overspill on the dam has never been this fast this late in the year. When I left Monday morning the lake had come up a couple of inches, by now I am sure it's greater. Darrell.

13 inches in Embarrass and it's all headed towards Pike Bay via the Pike River which is still over it's banks.