• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Goose Calling DVD

RoosterRedneck

Anyone have a good Goose calling DVD or CD they would be willing to borrow out for a couple of days. A few guys on here talked me into trying out the short reed call over my flute. I've had some practice but it still sounds like a sick goose. I'd be willing to pay for shipping both ways. I did see the DVD Honker Talk for $20 but I figured a couple dollars by lending someone elses would off set the price of the call I bought. Thanks.

I'm very sure in a day or 2 I'll have it down. If not then I'll go buy one. But my word is good and I'll have it back to you in 7 days or earlier. 2 days to get it, 2 to practice, 2 to send it back plus I'll double the postage. Your cash wil be inside the box.

Thanks Rost,

If anyone else has that Honker Talk or another DVD/CD you would recommend I'd like to borrow it.

Honker Talk is a great DVD. Just buy one, you can't watch it too many times trust me (no matter what your girlfriend or mother says.)

If you're new to calling with a short reed goose call it takes time and practice. You'll not get it down in an afternoon, week, month or even a year. It's takes time and plenty of it. The DVD by Shawn Stahl is a great place to start, I still watch mine and I've been running a short reed for years.

Abrams,

Do you think you would be so kind to let me borrow it for a couple days? Rost is letting me borrow a DVD (not honker talk). If you so choose to wait and see for him to post that I returned his DVD in as good condition as I received it and in the amount of time I said, Plus the cash in the envelope to pay for what he was charged for shipping, that is OK with me. I understand this day in age. But it would be appriciated from one Goose hunter to another.

Jeff Foiles, the master goose caller, has a great DVD out with information on how to call geese. It's a DVD about goose calling that is very comprehensive, covers all the calls, and shows you real hunting situations. He breaks it down so you get it but also goes into advanced stuff. Very cool and a quality video like Foiles always does! If you want to order it send me an e-mail and I'll hook you up.

Quote:

Jeff Foiles, the master goose caller, has a great DVD out with information on how to call geese. It's a DVD about goose calling that is very comprehensive, covers all the calls, and shows you real hunting situations. He breaks it down so you get it but also goes into advanced stuff. Very cool and a quality video like Foiles always does! If you want to order it send me an e-mail and I'll hook you up.

does the DVD include instruction on how to float a 4th shell, or shoot a bird 3 times at 10 yards (rendering the bird inedible)?

While his instructional calling tapes are probably quite good, as a hunter who appreciates the ethics and the tradition of the sport I myself would not support Jeff Foiles.