Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrjigger

Minkota Co-pilot problem

13 posts in this topic

My Co-pilot on my minkota is not reacting as fast as usual. Sometimes basically not at all. I can hold the button down for a quite a while and it will finally move. Also there is a "chirping" sound coming from the motor. I think the noise is actually coming from the co-pilot on the side of the motor, but its hard to tell. Bad battery in the remote? Any thoughts?

I would replace battery and try again.

I had the same issue, ended up that my connections on my circut breaker were loose. Check that as well as the batteries.

I had both of my remotes reacting slowly.Replaced both batteries and they both work great now.I remember reading a post about this awhile back and remember someone saying that sometimes you have to take the remotes apart and clean the contacts off.

I had the same problem, replaced the battery in the remote and nothing. Looked up the manual online and reset it from the part that goes on the motor. Then you teach it your remote code again and all worked great. Give that a try.

I had a similar problem. Mine ended up being a bad plug connection. The plug that plugs the copilot panel into the main motor. If i wiggled the plug it would work for a while then drop out again. Minkota replaced the panel and all was fine after that!

i just got back from Rainy and while there, I would be moving along and the copilot would just drop out (make a beep like it was disconnected from the power) and reset to the lowest speed (kind of concerning in high winds and rock piles) I would start it again and sometime it would work for a while and sometimes it would repeat very shortly. I checked all the connectors etc (had just replaced the batteries in July in the hand unit) and all seemed ok. Anyone else have a suggestion?

Bitz

I had the same problem with mine.I put on new male and female plugs.I had an off brand of plug before and bought the minnkota plugs at wally world.Mine has worked great since then.

Mine are all minnkota plugs...hmmmm.

Did you find the cause of the chirpping? Mine started doing it about a month ago.

A buddy of mine had a similar problem and replaced the batteries and it worked. He had more problems up north in the middle of nowhere and he had to unhook it.

The chirping may be a feature that you accidentally turned on by holding 2 keys down at the same time. It happened to a guy at work. He called Minkota and they knew right away what it was. They must get a lot of calls on it. It may also be in the manual.

Resetting the copilot took care of my chirping as well.