Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
copterjohn

Wed-Thu Big Fish Watch

9 posts in this topic

I won't be able to make it up, but it appears Wed-Thu could be big fish days in the area. On Wednesday, a fairly strong and deepening low will spin up in Canada and trail a front into the Red River Valley. Surface winds will be aligned s/sw with the front, which means it won't push east very quickly. The front will move through or be very near the DL area by late day Wednesday, but basically become stationary as a very strong impulse develops to the sw, serving as an anchor. It would appear the front could wobble in the area through late Thursday or even Friday morning. We saw this earlier in August and had three crazy days in a row, but also some severe weather in the lakes area...so keep an eye out and carry your NOAA weather radio on Thursday.

I noticed that as well. Could be really good.

BTW -- quit your day job and be a weather-dude!

wink.gif

A weather-guy eh? So, what type of winter are they predicting? Will I get yo use my sled this season? Will there be early ice?

CJ, You were right had a good day today, 5 keepers and about 10 cr's. On a lake north of DL.

Us operational meteorologists usually consider the long range stuff voodoo meteorology, but the long range climate dudes are forecasting a 30 percent likelihood of above normal temperatures for MN for the Dec-Feb time period. This will be updated next week (once monthly toward mid month)

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/90day/

We had 2 boats trolling plugs last night on the 2 best spots on this particular lake (a lake I've fished for over 20 years) from 7-9:30pm, and all we got was 1 walleye. And this lake is known for an evening plug trolling bite. Sorry to rain on your forcast.... frown.gif

Thanks.

Keep us updated!

Hit

Better than no walleye! He he. Wonder how the muskie dudes did. Heard the LMB action was hot last evening.