Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Warm opener

13 posts in this topic

I did find one evening to hunt this weekend and it all worked out ok. I sat in a new location and within 15 minutes saw my first deer of the year from the stand. She also caught me and we had a stare down and she won. Within the next two hours I had a total of 18 deer spotted and all but two came within 25 yards but they were all very wary as they all new I was there.

With about 1 hour to go before sunset, a shooter doe happen to stroll by at 15 yards and I center punched here and after 20 yards she fell. I had 2-3 deer that hung back and wouldnt show themselves and they well could have been a few bucks.

Not bad for a few hours out for the first day of the season but she could have been a little cooler as the day temp was 90.

Congrats bud!... time to get that meat off the bone in that heat though...

I had a lot of target kills this weekend.. LOL...I'm ready.. inside of 2 weeks now!

That flattop was in the cooler very fast and cut up the next morning. These warm weather hunts kinda stink.

Congats HL! Sounds like a fun one even with the warm weather. I'd bet you had the shorts on underneath the bug tamer if it was in the 90s.

I'd much rather wait till the night time temps are cooler.. but you have to make hay.. LOL... again, congrats on the quick clean kill my brother! I hope to see some veni at a few of our Get togethers this winter.. LMAO!

I just looked in my freezer and had 6 packs of steaks left... had my parents and brother and his wife out for a great dinner... kept a few packs to keep the juices flowing.. LOL.

Bug tamer and a pair of cut offs and thats it. Only way to keep cool. The bugs were next to none but there was a 5-10mph wind and it did pour rain for one half hour while I hunted.

I will wait a few more weeks and hopefully the temps will drop a bit.

wait for what???? can u shoot more than one deer???

harvey, congrats. Great start to the season.

I guess it's time to pull the bow out of storage blush.gif.

Veni loin rapped in bacon sounds good.

Dan

I'm confused. Isn't the Archery Deer Season Opener on the 15th?

Quote:

I just looked in my freezer and had 6 packs of steaks left

....and a turkey.

Joel

ND opener was on Friday I believe. I know Harvey's said he mostly hunts there.

That is correct. ND opener was August 31st. Always a warm hunt for those who cannot wait.

Nice to get that one stuck and done, eh Tom?? Now you can go get Mr. Big.

Yes, it was a warm weekend hunting here also. I've been hunting for quite a few years and I just can't get used to hunting in this heat.