• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coming up Tuesday

PaulEyes

I'll be up Tuesday morning and was wondering what has been working. Gonna be going out of the SE somewhere and was looking for some advise. Not asking for specifics just a little help. Thanks!!

We fished Sunday from 9 am to about 4 pm with only one bite. The bait shop told us to start on the rocks with slip bobbers in about 12 feet of water so that's what we did but we weren't marking any fish. We started searching and tried several rock piles in anywhere from 10 to 20 feet, but nothing so we looked elsewhere and found a gravel bar that was holding a ton of fish. We stayed on that spot for the whole day throwing everything we had, and I finally had one slam a crawler harness, but I didn't hook up. We talked to a few guys at the landing and they had the same experience. I think the one guy said he was on Sloppy Joes and he picked up a few perch, but I didn't ask how big they were. I am guessing the rock pile bite is probably happening in the evening. That was our experience, hopefully yours will be different. Good luck.

Mike J

Pretty much same results here. We were out yesterday from noon until 6pm. Managed one 11" perch in the south weedlines in about 4-5 foot of water.

We also were told about 8 to 12 foot water with slip bobbers. Had absolutely nothing at that depth. My guess is we were out at the wrong time of day. We are going out of Izatys, and we headed over to the south east area. We did mark a bunch of fish in the rocks at 13-18 foot of water. I am new to mille lacs, so do not know all the names of the areas. We fished the area we marked fish but had no luck. Probably an evening and morning bite I am thinking.

We are fishing in a 16ft Sweet 16 Tracker, so it is not really a big water boat. Makes me a little nervous when the waves come up! laugh.gif

We are here for the rest of the week, so if anybody has any tips for fishing the south end of the lake, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try shallower we had 3 with 1 keeper Sun btwn 10:00am & 1:00pm. Find the big rocks that come up to 2-4' below surface. 2 to big throw backs on rattling raps & 1-14 1/2" on bobber.

it is a VERY tough bite right now. we rented a pontoon on sun. from izaty's we ended up with 25 perch around 10 inches and about a dozen small walleyes only 3 were over 14 but were in the slot but we fished for 12 hours. found a very scatered bite on the rocks 4-12 ft, never got on any good schools of fish but had fun and Izaty's was great with the pontoon rental. We did hit a great pike bite on sat. on the N breakline got 5 over 35 inches and a 29.25 inch walleye at dusk-I really though it was 30 inch but still a nice fish. but overall a really tough bite. Just a great weekend to be out though.

The only thing the bait shops can tell you is what they heard (ie. rocks 8 to 12 feet). And since the bite sucks right now, I'm sure they're all saying the same thing. Have you ever heard a bait shop/resort say the bite sucks? No, it's usually something like, "Oh, it's kinda tough, but you should find some in the rocks in the evening."

SLOW SLOW SLOW!!!!! Marked fish almost everywhere but couldn't get them to bite. Marked em shallow and deep, and threw the whole tackle box at them but ended the day with a sun burn and two jumbos that took some work to hook. But the good news is I spent the day on Mille Lacs! cool.gif