Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mntwins84

Looking into a guided northern trip

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking into taking a guided trip on LOW. It seems like most of the guides are into walleyes, but I'd really like to catch a nice big northern and was wondering if anyone has had any good experiences or, would have any suggestions as to who, or where would be a good place to go.

Thanks

MN: Check out the Guide Listing on this site. Most, if not all, of the guides will go for what ever fish you want to catch.. If you have trouble there, call some of the resorts and ask them if they will target Northerns or Musky.. You will locate one of them to fulfill you wishes... Kaz

Thanks Kaz. I looked through the list and I've decided to go for muskie instead. I'm trying to get a trip set up with Doug Johnson for sometime this fall.

MN: You may want to give Bill Sandy of Black Hawke a call. He is at American Point on the Canadian side. His Parents previously owned Monument Bay Resort and he grew up fishing for Musky. I've seen him guide for someone who landed a 5o+ inch beauty. Don't have any phone number for him, but he's defiantly the "best in the business". I've fished with him and his father many times... Kaz