Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
donb

On my way up

6 posts in this topic

Been reading for a couple of months now and it sure beats the st. louis post dispatch. I'll be up in the middle of sept. I believe we are fishing on Iron Farm and Garden. Any tips you guys can give me? A day or two will be spent sight seeing, any nice routes?

Thanks

Don

St. Peters Mo

Stop in the shop before 10 am any day, when you get to Ely. I'm sure we can find someplace to fish, sight see, whatever you like. This is the best time of year for many options:)

Or call (same time as mentioned) 218-365-4744, ask for Jim! cool.gif

Thanks Jim

I'll look you up when we get there.

Don, welcome aboard.

In addition to G O's offer I'll bet someone will jump in and give you a resent report from the area.

Have a good trip and let us know how you did.

A big thank you to the ely area. My wife and I was up the week of sept 9th. We had a great time, I really needed to get away from my job and the Ely area is now my new happy place. Now the fishing wasn't that good but who cares. We had a bald eagle fly into a tree by us and watch us cast, how many people back here in St. Peters Mo. can say that. Got snowed on, saw wolfs and had chipmunks eat out of our hands. All the locals were just great and next time up I'm going to find me a guide so even I can catch some eye's. I did catch a big smallmouth about 3 or 4 pounds. Well thanks again and see ya next year.

Don

donb, we all need a happy place, glad you found yours.

See you next year!