Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minnesotashooter

Any fish being caught??

9 posts in this topic

I am looking for some fishing reports, are there any fish being caught???

One of idratherbefishing's fall picks is putting out fish (walleyes) but you have to be trolling with the right lure is what I have been told.

I haven't been out in a couple weeks, but after labor day is usually when the fun starts! I will be casting shad raps, jigs, and beetle spins into shorelines in the evenings or early mornings.

Here`s a 3.5 walleye caught tonight on hall lake on a shad rap Dans060.jpg

Say the walleyes are starting to bite below the dam at LaqQuil Parle. Pretty good numbers. Just talked to a gentleman who fished Big Stone this past weekend and had a hard time catching a cold up there. Goose Lake is giving up a few walleyes on plugs. Del Clarke is giving up nice Blue gills. The perch fishing should start on Wood Lake (Margarett) any time now.

Any big 'eyes taken from below the dam yet on LQP? Fish there any time I can, but I've just gotten small cats there on my last few trips...

Local rumor is that Round Lake is starting to give up some eyes.

Quote:

Local rumor is that Round Lake is starting to give up some eyes.

I don't know how many fishing boats were out there over the weekend, but I can tell you that there were about a dozen out there on Thursday and Friday mornings. That many boats make it easy to see what part of the lake they're biting on, but the traffic is a little too congested for my liking. grin.gif

Round Lake was the lake I was refering to a few posts back. Heard there were 42 boats there either on Saturday or Sunday. A lot of small fish 11-12" the keepers were between 14-16". From the guys I talked to the fish were very picky on what they were biting on and how far behind the boat it was being trolled. A lot of preople with no or a few fish.

They are also catching real nice perch out of Big Spirit in Iowa with real good action over the weekend.