• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Lakes

Hey fella's just wondering what are some good lakes in the Buffalo, Big Lake,Annadale area? just wondering. Any help would be great thanks! cool.gif

Bass: Twin/Sylvia, Cedar, Clearwater, Buffalo?, Pulaski has numbers, size ??, smaller lakes you just need to find out.

Walleye: I've had luck on Pulaski, Buffalo, Clearwater. Cedar has them, you just need to find em. Twin/Sylvia has then, they are just deep and hard to find. Check out the lakes the DNR has stocked and give them a try.

Panfish: You just have to find lakes that hold nice ones. All lakes have them but finding the bigger ones is the key.

Clearwater is good for anything, Just make sure you have a good lake map, Lots of shallow spots out there. Good walleye lakes around Annandale would be. Cedar, Slyvia, Pleasant, French, and Granite. You will find Bass on them to. Slyvia if you can find the crappies you will get some nice ones. I got alot of 10"-11" crappies earlier this year on Pleasant(Well the Kids did- I was the Official taker offer and bait my hook guy.)

I'm going out to Cedar this afternoon and evening to try for walleyes I'll let you know how I did.

alrighty i might have to try at least 1 of them me and my grandpa are going out fishing. Might have to try Cedar. So if u see a 15 yr old with a really old guy in a piece of crap lund feel free to stop and say hey! smile.gif

ok sweet thanks man! smile.gif i dont know much about lake fishing. well i do when it comes to ice-fishin. but i grew up down by Rochester if u know where that is i mostly fish Trout Run Streams. So yea any tips will be great no awesome!! smile.gif

wait what Cedar is that? is it the one in Wright County?

ok thanks man i'll be looking foward to finally meeting someone thats an FM'er

ok thanks man i will have 2 c what im doing that weekend might have 2 bring a friend up! smile.gif

where did you use if you don't mind me asking. i'm going fishing with my dad tomorrow because it's his b-day.

Lindy rigging, with a 4' snell and Fatheads. Found the fish in 22-27 FOW. I did catch a few decent sunnies. If I knew I was going to catch as many as I did, i would have kept them. Good Luck, let me know how you did, I won't have a chance to get out there this weekend, because I have to work. But I will be out there Tuesday Night.

Side Note: I would check H&H for fatheads. See if they have some bigger ones, Little Jims had crappie minnow size fatheads.

My inlaws have a place on Cedar. Far south end of lake, round house, last place in channel. I fish the lake often and am intreged by the structure and not so much by the recreational pressure. I've had a few real good days for Bass and Pike (not size wise but numbers) Never had alot of success fishing Eyes. When I'm out there I'm in a 14ft blue Alumacraft with a quick 8 horse. grin.gif I'd be up for any help that can be offered on this lake. I'm a married highschool Bio teacher with three young kids (5,3,2) and time out fishing is like gold... Send an e-mail with any helpful suggestions and I can give back info on my successful experiances and spots. smirk.gif

Central public high school. Norwood Young America. I teach Biology to sophamores and Human Anatomy & Physiolgy to Juniors and Seniors.

League Championship is this Sat am. It will be a draw out of a hat and is between Waconia, Waverly, Ann, and Howard. Those were the top four lakes on average from our entire list of 14 lakes. I personally won on Waconia with three bass weighing in at 11 lbs 14 oz. So I'm partial to Wac. Fingers crossed. smirk.gif

Sorry.... Typing fast. Don't have a lot of time to hang on the site. If the wrong people were to walk in and see me using this site during school hours.... Tsk tsk tsk. grin.gif

What the? Bass-n-spear? I don't think there was anything wrong with my last post at all. I talked about how Einstein and Newton, (both great Minds) were not good spellers and how some people think differently, and how spelling was a poor way to judge intellegence. ANYWAY, Like I said before... Robo, back to Cedar, I fish it often and would like to become more efficient. For the most part I target Bass then Walleyes. I have had success when targeting pike but the size was lacking. Shoot me an e-mail if you think you could help. I'll respond with some of my spots where I've had success if you'd like. I've never been edited before in over 450 posts and I'm quite sure there was no profanity or advertisments..... ? confused.gif

It was starting to go to far. And we didnt need to fight over spelling. Look at me, im one of the worst on the site.

Sorry, I am no help to you on bass out there. I only usually go for walleyes out there, and get the occassional Pike. However, I do catch me bigger pike out there while fishing for walleyes. When I do go after pike they are ussually small. So, if you want walleyes I can help, other than that, SORRY.

Thats ok Robbo... I'm not just a bass guy... I like to drag a rig or jig for eyes every once and a while too. Alot of good structure on the lake. I have caught a few out there using shad raps and leeches but the size was lacking. Never boated an eye out of Cedar larger than 15 inches. Anyway, if you get the time. Shoot me an e'mail. Maybe we could meet up out there during the hard water season. I have an aqua view and S.O.S. as well as a portable and a power auger. Let me know. Here is my email...

[email protected]

later

fever grin.gif