Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scoot

Bowhunting package ***SOLD***

11 posts in this topic

For sale:

2005 Hoyt Protech

Right handed model, Safari pattern, adjustable draw weight (60-70), adjustable draw length (26 to 30). This comes with a stabilizer (7" Doinker) and drop away rest (AP Safari Twister). The bow is in excellent shape- very well taken care of. All the buyer will need to shoot is a sight (I kept the sight from this bow) and some arrows.

Also in this package is a Bushnell rangefinder. It's an older model (approx. 12 years old or so), but it works perfectly.

Price = $499.99

ef8e1441.jpg

ef8e13dc.jpg

For anyone looking for a well taken care of bow, check this one out. You will still have time to go hunting without to much set up.

I didn't want to split up the bow and range finder, but the range finder has been sold to a friend of a friend. So... the bow is still for sale. Price = $400.

Thanks Scoot for the rangefinder--it works perfectly--also thanks for the great communication!!

Thanks again! Good luck hunting!

Still for sale? I am looking to get into bowhunting, is this a good bow to start with or is it too advanced?

Lance- you're welcome. I hope you stick a big buck because you have the yardage perfect!

Donk- Nope, it's not too advanced. If you're interested, I can show you the "ins and outs" of it and have you up and running in no time. The only things you'll need in addition to the bow are a rest, some arrows, and a release. Any bowshop or the archery dept. at Sheels in St. Cloud will have you up and running in less than an hour. The arrows and release will be very easy and they can put on a easy to set rest for you. They should also help you get the rest set up too. If you're interested, feel free to give me a call (701-799-5344).

FYI- you could get a decent starter bow for roughly the same money (if you bought it new). However, I can pretty much guarentee this bow will be faster and quiter than any off the shelf starter bow (like any of the packages Scheels sells). I have no doubt you'll be happy with it.

Donk,

I'm leaving town for ten days. You can reach me at the cell number posted above for about the next 24 hours, but then I'll be unavailable for about a week. I'll reply as soon as I'm back.

Sold. Good luck, Donk!

BTW, I realized that I should have mentioned that I'm thinking about shooting new arrows. If you're interested in buying my old ones, let me know. I shot Carbon Express CX 400's and they performed well for me. I'm thinking about rearrowing to shoot a little heavier arrow for future elk hunting adventures. FYI- the CX's are 414 grains (with 100 grain broadhead) with tip, which is moderately heavy for whitetail (which is good for kinetic energy), but I'm going to go up to around 500 grains. Let me know if you're interested.

Congrats on the sales Scoot--my ten year old has the distance for every tree wrote down from our stand--that rangefinder works awesome--thanks again!! laugh.gif

Will do, I am planning to take it into the shop tonight and get it set up. I will check out what they recommend for arrows and let you know. Thanks for meeting me up there, and going over a few things. I haven't tried to get the extended bolt out yet, we'll see how that goes.. smirk.gif BTW, we had a great duck hunt Sat and Sun, between the 2 of us we shot something like 100 shells in the air grin.gif Ended up with 14 ducks and a couple geese. Thanks again Scoot, I cant wait to get shooting with it!

Cool, sounds like fun. I haven't hunted waterfowl for a couple years- fun stuff!

Regarding the bold- the more I think about it, the more my suggestion is to unscrew it where it comes apart. Then, go to a hardware store and get the correct bolt to screw back into the stabilizer. This should be easy to do and better than fighting the stinking thing. I should cost you about $0.25.