Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Scoot

For sale:

2005 Hoyt Protech

Right handed model, Safari pattern, adjustable draw weight (60-70), adjustable draw length (26 to 30). This comes with a stabilizer (7" Doinker) and drop away rest (AP Safari Twister). The bow is in excellent shape- very well taken care of. All the buyer will need to shoot is a sight (I kept the sight from this bow) and some arrows.

Also in this package is a Bushnell rangefinder. It's an older model (approx. 12 years old or so), but it works perfectly.

Price = $499.99

ef8e1441.jpg

ef8e13dc.jpg

harvey lee

For anyone looking for a well taken care of bow, check this one out. You will still have time to go hunting without to much set up.

Scoot

I didn't want to split up the bow and range finder, but the range finder has been sold to a friend of a friend. So... the bow is still for sale. Price = $400.

Big Pine Walleye

Thanks Scoot for the rangefinder--it works perfectly--also thanks for the great communication!!

Thanks again! Good luck hunting!

The Donk

Still for sale? I am looking to get into bowhunting, is this a good bow to start with or is it too advanced?

Scoot

Lance- you're welcome. I hope you stick a big buck because you have the yardage perfect!

Donk- Nope, it's not too advanced. If you're interested, I can show you the "ins and outs" of it and have you up and running in no time. The only things you'll need in addition to the bow are a rest, some arrows, and a release. Any bowshop or the archery dept. at Sheels in St. Cloud will have you up and running in less than an hour. The arrows and release will be very easy and they can put on a easy to set rest for you. They should also help you get the rest set up too. If you're interested, feel free to give me a call (701-799-5344).

FYI- you could get a decent starter bow for roughly the same money (if you bought it new). However, I can pretty much guarentee this bow will be faster and quiter than any off the shelf starter bow (like any of the packages Scheels sells). I have no doubt you'll be happy with it.

Scoot

Donk,

I'm leaving town for ten days. You can reach me at the cell number posted above for about the next 24 hours, but then I'll be unavailable for about a week. I'll reply as soon as I'm back.

Scoot

Sold. Good luck, Donk!

BTW, I realized that I should have mentioned that I'm thinking about shooting new arrows. If you're interested in buying my old ones, let me know. I shot Carbon Express CX 400's and they performed well for me. I'm thinking about rearrowing to shoot a little heavier arrow for future elk hunting adventures. FYI- the CX's are 414 grains (with 100 grain broadhead) with tip, which is moderately heavy for whitetail (which is good for kinetic energy), but I'm going to go up to around 500 grains. Let me know if you're interested.

Big Pine Walleye

Congrats on the sales Scoot--my ten year old has the distance for every tree wrote down from our stand--that rangefinder works awesome--thanks again!! laugh.gif

The Donk

Will do, I am planning to take it into the shop tonight and get it set up. I will check out what they recommend for arrows and let you know. Thanks for meeting me up there, and going over a few things. I haven't tried to get the extended bolt out yet, we'll see how that goes.. smirk.gif BTW, we had a great duck hunt Sat and Sun, between the 2 of us we shot something like 100 shells in the air grin.gif Ended up with 14 ducks and a couple geese. Thanks again Scoot, I cant wait to get shooting with it!

Scoot

Cool, sounds like fun. I haven't hunted waterfowl for a couple years- fun stuff!

Regarding the bold- the more I think about it, the more my suggestion is to unscrew it where it comes apart. Then, go to a hardware store and get the correct bolt to screw back into the stabilizer. This should be easy to do and better than fighting the stinking thing. I should cost you about $0.25.