• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

anyone own a GARMIN GPS 12 XL

USPENAMC

Hi someone gave me one of this and everything works perfect except when i turn it on it says MEMORY battery LOW???? i have replaced the regular batteris but i dont know where or how to replace the memory batteries. I know its old but it was free and i got used to its simplicity. I was wondering if i i can upgrade it with memory cards or anything like that. Primarily my question is how can i put in a new memory batter

i just read in the manual that it contains a lithium battery internally but dont know how to get to it he he any help is appreciated

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Pretty sure you need to bring it in to get it changed it on the inside

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Well i would check on line but i think you may need to send to garmin

Google Garmin and go to the FAQ. Here is what I found...

Question: What do I do when my unit displays a 'Low Memory Battery' message?

Answer:

If this message is received on the Garmin device, it will need to be repaired. The GPS device will need to be returned to Garmin so the internal memory battery can be replaced. Please click here to contact Garmin Product Support to set up the repair.

Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Yup have one. Still occasionally get the same message. As DSlayer said, Garmin will give you a return auth number and you can send it in to get it replaced. I never did get mine sent in, fresh batteries seem to clear the alarm. If you have the serial/car cable for that unit, back up all your waypoints and tracks with your map software so in the event the battery does die all is not lost. Good unit, can't wait to save up for the new 'map & image' types out there.

Contact Garmin and they will help. A good, solid company that really stands behind its products. They are A1 first class all the way. wink.gif