Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleye118

norwegian bay

6 posts in this topic

i will be heading up next weekend and will be doing most of our fishing from center island to Life of Riley Resort. Just wondering how's the fishing been, was up the first week in july and the walleye/perch fishing was slow.

I don't fish that end of the lake, but the walleye fishing on the East end is really picking up. You should also be getting a much better bite going on the West end by now.

The water is starting to cool down and the fish are going into their fall bite mode. laugh.gif

Cliff

its been spotty...travel alot and you will catch fish....very shallow at the moment....even pitching a small jig into two three feet is working...use the wind always..........could be a whole different story by next week....fish off the spots that usally work...but just go shallower...good luck and set that hook!!!!!

I just got back from a week at Pehrson's on the West end. The 'eyes are still hitting crawlers hard. I got a 17+ on a harness & lindy rig and an 18+ on a jig, both with worms. I also got quite a few keepers. Look off Windsock Island as well as the flats all over.

As far as worms, the Vermilion Trading company in Cook seemed to stock the fattest.

I'd also like to put in a plug for a great guide. Doug Knoer was friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful in finding and boating fish.

Best of luck!

just back from a week on the westend...

had to move alot, one or two fish on a spot, then move on...

12 to 20 ft...lindy and crawler presentation. Quite a few slot fish, 25 inches being the biggest released...liked it slow...fish still seemed to be spread out..did pull shadraps, size 5 and 7, a couple of evenings...matching the perch

thanks for the info and see you next week