Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nymph

water temp.

18 posts in this topic

I was wondering if we are experiencing any change in the water temps on the big pond since we are having cooler night temps. What is everyone getting for temps out there? Won’t be long before the big bite is on!

It's been hanging pretty much in the upper 60's

Like Tim said 67-68 degrees today.

We fished the south and the south east end of the lake and the temps were 71 in 18ft of water and 74 in the shallow weedlines. This was yesterday...

Seems like a VERY slow bite right now...

73.6 on the north end and 71.4 on the west side yesterday. Two weeks ago it was around 68.

i wonder what the difference is on one side versus the other when the wind is blowing? its got to be warmer down wind, pushing the warmer water on top. likewise, the cooler water is being displaced deeper the other direction.

regards,

minnesotatuff

71.5 everywhere on the south east side this evening

Could all you Mille Lacs fisherman in the know, keep us wishfull fisherman updated on current water temps. With the weather turning toward fall, I would like to know what temps are being found and the areas where those temps were recorded please. thanks for the info. Will be coming up in a couple weeks to start the fall trolling run.

can't wait

67 degrees yesterday just outside of Doe Island

Going up soon and wondering if the temps have dropped below 60. The warming weather and rain isn't helping that much I am sure. Thanks for the reports.

Anyone know what the water temp has been lately?

Was out saturday and the water temp was 60 all day and the fishing was terrible

What do you guys use to measure water temp? (Besides an underwater camera?)

Most sonar ducers have temp gauges on them.

Temps are still 60 and the fishing is slow yet. frown.gif

Quote:

Most sonar ducers have temp gauges on them.

Oh yeah, I guess I should have mentioned I wanted to take the temperature at different depths.

Sorry, bit narrow minded on my part. From my understanding, they have a few different things that have a temp. probe on the end of a cable and just drop it down to the desird depth. Thing about Mille Lacs is, water temp doesnt' vary very much. Since there is no thermocline and the wind stirs the whole lake up, the water stays pretty well distributed.

i have one of those temp/color gizmo thingies but its not working...ive never used it. got it as part of a trade for a 35mm cannon camera and underwater housing with strobes. if someone thinks they might be able to fix and use it, i will trade it for a new fishing friend. it probably has 60' or so of cord? i have no idea. its supposed to tell you what color is best too. only one of the features works according to the guy i got it from.

regards,

minnesotatuff