• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2007 Fishing

I know this year is not over yet, but just wondering how the year has been for you all. Of the species you fish for, how many do you think you have caught, what was your biggest this year, and how does this year compare to others.

Its been a good year for me and wondering how its been for you.

Bass:

70-100 Fish caught, Biggest just shy of 6lbs. Bass bite has been good this year, lots of quality fish, but no monsters yet.

Northern:

20-25 caught, biggest about 9lb (on opener!)

Good for me, I usually dont get anything over 6-7 lbs, but have had a few this year. Fishing was great early, but have not pulled in any big fish as of late.

Crappies/Gills:

Of about 20 days of fishing for these earlier in the year, I got my personal biggest crappie_(14.5") and hybrid sunny(10.5"). The hybrid was huge, got a few around the 10" mark, and the crappie was caught on a sucker minnow pike fishing.

All fish just outside west metro area.

Good luck rest of the year, fishing is just starting to get good!

This has been the year I finally caught a 10" bluegill. Actually two, the second going 10.5". Beautiful fish! Can anyone say 11"? My hope is to catch a walleye bigger than 29" this fall, which would be a personal best.

I have caught tons of panfish, all really nice size at a lake just north of Cambridge. Biggest northern is maybe 6lbs, And my biggest Walleye was 26" which I do have a picture of but don't know how to post it on here.

Caught my personal best Channel this year....15 lbs (See avatar)

If catfishing wasn't so addictive I might have caught a personal best walleye too. Havent had the time or desire to fish for anything else.

Low,

Just wait! The area we catfisherman fish in and some of the baits we use can have you reeling in the walleye of a life time during any trip. cool.gif

This was my year of finally exploring some new waters. Went to Cass, Winnie, and Leech all for the first time. Has been more numbers as opposed to size this year. My annual grand marais trip yielded hundreds of smallmouths. Biggest fish would have to be a 9 pound lake trout I caught through the ice up on gunflint lake. This year is probably the best mainly due to the fact it's the first year I've had my own boat, so I've been able to get out and do quite a bit. The year is far from over though. I have more new territory to cover this fall, and I can only hope it will be as good to me as the rest of the year has.

I've had a great year. I missed three wknds of fishing due to work but my dad and i still have 500 bass in the boat not counting tournaments. We have 14 bass btwn 21" and 23" biggest being 7lbs. I've caught my biggest walleye of my life bass fishing in 2 ft of water. It was 30" and 11 lbs of pure fatness. I think the walleye was the best catch for me so far this year. I also have learned that dt 16's worked over a bar that is 8-10 ft deep is deadly on bass. I've caught more 19" bass and larger on that bait this year than pitchin and flippin shallow pads. good times.

Quote:

If catfishing wasn't so addictive I might have caught a personal best walleye too. Havent had the time or desire to fish for anything else.

Guess when this one was caught. LOL! smile.gif

Not a personal best but a nice fish.

050607hanson27inchwalleer3.jpg

Larry (lfc) caught a 30 1/2", solid 10 pounder fishing cats this year as well.

My first walleye of the year was a 28.5"r from pool 2 of the Mississippi. That remains my largest eye, though I've had a couple others close to that. I caught these fish on hair jigs which was new to me. It's great to be able to add the hair jig presentation to my confidence bag. When bass season opened I turned my attention to them. For the largest of them I got two at the 20.5" mark, but have had many over 18"s. As far as numbers go, I've had many two digit number days, and a handful of two digit number spots. I learned how to drop shot fish this year which is also great. It's a fun way to fish, especially on those tough bite days. All in all, it's been a good year for me. smile.gif I'm really looking forward to the fall eye river bite!

Dang Chad... nice year is right. Sorry to say it has been a bummer for me this year. Out of convenience I've been locked onto fishing Prior and have been very disappointed this year. I need to get off that lake. Sounds like I should follow you around!

Thanks for the report.

- JD