• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Motor HelP

wazz

Question

My motherinlaw has a 80hp Envirude, it starts hard, but it starts, it idles great and would do so all day if you let it. The problem is when you put a load on the engine it dies. Everytime you put it in gear, the motor dies.

Any Input? confused.gif

Wazz

6 answers to this question

Standard reply for this is to test compression and spark first. My guess is that it is fuel related. Probably a ruptured diaphragm in the fuel pump or the carb is dirty and needs rebuild. The reason for the compression and spark test is if one or both of these fail the motor could be trashed and spending money on carb and fuel pump kits will be a waste of money.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hard starting and won't run with a load. I think your not getting enough fuel or it could be compression.

Do you have manual of electric choke? Is it working?

Check these, compression, gas lines and connections for air leaks, & fuel filter. Fuel line bulb, when you squeeze it does it stay hard and full when idling? If all those check out then I'd turn to the fuel pump and a carb cleaning.

I just had that happen on my motorcycle. The issue was gas in the fuel. May want to look for that as well. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Quote:

The issue was gas in the fuel

Nothing worse than gas in the fuel... grin.gifj/k

maybe water in the gas?

marine_man

Quote:

Quote:

The issue was gas in the fuel

Nothing worse than gas in the fuel... grin.gifj/k

maybe water in the gas?

Knowing Jimbo somewhat...he may have been doing some testing of his own and injecting some other type of "gas" into his fuel!

Careful Jimbo...results may vary! confused.gif