Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeltjen10

West Newton

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone been out to West Newton this year at all? I'm wondering when the pannies (mostly crappie) start biting and if there is any place I can fish them from shore.

Hopefully going to try and hit some walleye this weekend (if the weather holds up) on Pepin. I will let you know.

The weather is supposed to be awesome for a while now. Good luck on the eyes, I will be farther down river chasing flats friday night.

how'd it this weekend Crazyice? I found quite a few eyes but nothing over 15". Also found a few white bass ranging 2-3lbs.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Rick G
      Got one over 40in on a small local lake like 3-4 yrs back , 2lb line...fishing panfish. Got a pic up in the St cloud reports somewhere. But biggest was just shy of 43 on Rainey River about 20 yrs ago
    • Jim Uran
      If you make up it up this way at all I'll have the peg on a good bite somewhere. Sometimes traveling a little farther north makes ice fishing more enjoyable. Keep on posting, we have tons of well educated anglers that roam these forums!
    • Jim Uran
      I'm slacking bud, I haven't done any of that yet lol. The excitement is here though, been talking to some co-workers lately about all things ice fishing. Soon enough guys!!
    • Neighbor_guy
      My troubles are that even with the hyfax on the slides the munchkin take a little bit of a kick to get started.    My sled does not have studs and has carbides on the skis. So when I hook up to the house with the tow bar the track spins without breaking the house loose. It's like hooking it to a truck. Too much power on the sled side and no ability to transfer it to forward motion.    The 4-wheeler with chains has zero problems. Pulls it like it's not even there. 
    • Jim Uran
      I'd like to see this expanded to help revive our pike size and population.