Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Code-Man

Safety Certification

6 posts in this topic

I took the good ole hunter safety course and since then I changed my last name. How does a person get that switched over from my old one to the new one? Heck if I can find that card most places don't even check me for it but I got checked today and was told no card no license. just been putting it off but figured I better get the thing switched here sooner or later.

It should say on the back of your driver's license that you have firearm certificate training. It is listed after endorsements, that is where they list snowmobile, firearm, boating, atv etc.

Isn't your firearms safety number the same as your drivers license? I know my endorsement is on my license, maybe check with the DMV.

I had my certification before drivers license then my last name changed...both my snowmobile and firearm isn't on the license :S

Here is the information on the back of my safety card maybe they can help you:

DNR Division of Enforcement

Safety Training Unit

15011 Hwy 115

Little Falls, MN 56345-4173

1-800-366-8917

Your firearms saftey number is the same as your S.S. #, You have to check the box at the DMV to have the firearms endorsement added to your license. I think they verify with the DNR that it was taken and completed.

The DNR will be able to re-issue a new certificate for you, but I would recommend having it put on your D.L. also.

Good Luck!

Ken