• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dangerous new invasive species heading up the Mississippi!

Cyberfish

This one is called the Asian Saber toothed flying Carp!

Can we stop it before its toooo late! Boaters and waterskiers beware! shocked.gif

PIRAHNA2.jpg

does it have a laser beam in it's head too? grin.gif

Looks like something from Africa. I seem to remember watching a fishing show last winter and they were catching these off the east coast of africa........

That's a big tiger! I realize the photo is a joke, but it is a matter of fact that bull sharks (the most dangerous of the maneaters) have been caught up to 1,000 miles up the Mississippi River from the Gulf.

"Is it too much to ask to have friggin' lasers put on the sharks' heads?"

Saw those on "The Quest For Big Fish" They seem to be impossible to hook. The host said they'll turn your rapalas to sawdust. ooo.gif

i'll bet i could get a few on a jigging rap through the ice once they move up into the backwaters. may have to get a 22" auger though cool.gif

Is that the one I have seen people bowfishing for in the South? When I used to be allowed to have MOR they showed guys trolling prety fast in a boat and the fish would jump out of the water, they shoot them with the bow out of the air. I saw a few land in the boat (not shot, just landed there) and it looked pretty exciting. If given the chance I will try to thin the population...

Quote:

They seem to be impossible to hook. The host said they'll turn your rapalas to sawdust.

chris bailey was catching tigers like that on the fly, along with nile perch, near egypt on reel outdoors. you can bet they were hard on their flies.

Wouldn't it be great to fish the Amazon. When I win the lottery thats where I'm going. Peacock Bass, huge catfish, Payaras....maybe a few caimen (little crocodiles)

Quote:

This one is called the Asian Saber toothed flying Carp!

Can we stop it before its toooo late! Boaters and waterskiers beware!
shocked.gif

LOL, your picture gave it all away first when you said "Asian."