• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Not ready to call it quits for 2007 Muskie season yet...

Yeah my partner, Matty, decided to put away his fishing stuff so he could focus on hunting which starts this saturday... but the thing here is that Im not ready to do that... so if you need a partner... for muskie fishing... let me know... date, time, and location... I'll meet you there... I'll be more than happy to help you out with gas for boat, etc etc... I'll travel as far as Forest Lake, Lake Waconia, or French Lake... wherever it takes me in my search for my first-ever Muskie... whether it be 2007 or not... Just email me at [email protected] Thanks!!!

Rebel, You mean you haven't hooked up out there yet? The bite on Forest will stay good right through September and into October. Maybe you need to talk to matty and borrow his boat while he sits in the goose blind!

Tunrevir~ grin.gif

I agree!!! Also Rebel, somehow, sometime, we need to get out on BE and give that a shot!

What bite??? I was out on Forest last week, and nothing... zip... zilch... we fished all over Lake 1... Where are those good bites you are talking about??? I could ask Matty but I dont think I'd feel comfortable doing that... not my boat... I accidently break something... will he forgive me??? thats the thing... its his boat... so better off to go with him... besides... I dont have a problem with him wanting to hunt... just what he wants... no pressure for him from me... Oh wait a minute... are you the guy Matty and I talked to on the dock one day???

King... yeah... Im still waiting for you to get back to me on the boat rental thing... or for you to bring back your boat from your cabin!!!

As far as the boat rental, I have forgotten what you wanted me to find out! I thought we had figured everything out. As far as my boat, I won't be going to the cabin until October 20th.

I am he, the guy on the dock. The fish are biting out there and have been most of the last month and a half. Speed troll bucktails over the tops of the milfoil or just out in the basin and you should hook into something eventually. If you want to cast for them then those spots I pointed out have fish on them and do hold fish but don't limit your search to the deep or shallow edge, cast paralell to the weedlines and look to the areas that have adjacent flats with access to deep water and that should get you into something toothy. Jerk baits aren't a bad option this time of year either.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

King... you were supposed to find out the costs and the times, remember the plan to do night fishing???

Tunrevir... it was great meeting you!!! Matty and I practically covered all over Lake 1 except for the middle... and no muskies... Maybe 2007 isnt my year... I honestly dont know... I will know for sure once I hit Mille Lacs this weekend... whether I get the monkey off my back or not this weekend, we'll see... but hopefully what I learn from Mille Lacs, I can apply/use at Forest Lake sooner or later... Probably wont fish at Forest again til next year or Matty's in mood for some muskie fishing... who knows...

they don't allow the boats out after an hour after dark or before 7:30 a.m., and the cost is $25 for the first 2 hours and $7 an hour after that, with a 2 hour minimum. I'll call again tomorrow and double check, but that's what they told me last time I called.

Kingfisher, where are these rates from?? That is rediculous for boat rental rates. Unless it is got a decent sized motor included, that is pretty high. I am a parks manager in wisconsin just on the border and we rent our boats out for $7 for the first hour and $3 per additional hour after that. There is no minimum either. The lake is only 40 acres, so motors are not permitted, but I can row across the lake in 4 or 5 minutes so it is not a big deal. You can also bring a trolling motor if you want. It is also loaded with rainbows and huge bass. Drop me an email, I will clue you in more. You have my email!

GoggleEye

(Contact Us Please) that sucks big time... Yeah I think the price is kinda high... Guess they dont know the best bite is in the evening and the night...

Quote:

Kingfisher, where are these rates from?? That is rediculous for boat rental rates. Unless it is got a decent sized motor included, that is pretty high. I am a parks manager in wisconsin just on the border and we rent our boats out for $7 for the first hour and $3 per additional hour after that. There is no minimum either. The lake is only 40 acres, so motors are not permitted, but I can row across the lake in 4 or 5 minutes so it is not a big deal. You can also bring a trolling motor if you want. It is also loaded with rainbows and huge bass. Drop me an email, I will clue you in more. You have my email!

GoggleEye

I sent you an e-mail. Rebel, we still have to try out catfishing....

Yeah we do still have to go catfishing soon!!! I'll be heading up to Mille Lacs this wednesday morning and be back friday or so...