Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
nate larson

Fenske Lake Campground...what lakes to try?

nate larson

I am going camping with some family at Fenske Lake (near Ely) this weekend. I am hoping to catch some nice smallmouth. I am sure we will fish Fenske a little bit but it would be nice to try another lake in the area. Looking online I see quite a few lakes near by. Does anyone have any suggestions on a lake to try nearby? The lakes I am looking at are Burntside Lake, Minister Lake, Everett Lake, Twin Lakes, Hegman Lake, or Ed Shave Lake. Would any of those lakes be good for smallmouth? We don't really want to portage very far. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Feel free to respond to this post or email me at larson_nate@hotmail.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, do you think the burning restriction will still be in place this weekend? I see they did get some rain up there this week.

Thanks again,

Nate

Down Deep

Fenske has some smallies. Big Lake is a good lake for walleyes. I can't remember smallmouth in Big, but I'm sure they are in there in good numbers. Fenske is a really nice campgound.

nate larson

Thanks Deep Down,

I forgot to list Big Lake as an option. That looks like a good one too. Just a little northwest of Fenske right? Is there a road to a boat access on Big Lake?

nate larson

Can anyone point me in the right direction for smallmouth? Try to find something within a half hour drive of our campground.

Casaloma

Head down the Echo Tr. to Bass Lake. 270 rod portage, but you look like a young, fit guy. Try fishing right under the falls from dry lake. Bring a lunch & enjoy the day.

You will need a trout stamp to fish High & Dry lakes though...

Good luck.

Casaloma

Oh, yeah. Bring your swimsuit. There is a nice natural bathtub in the river falls between Dry & Bass. Nice place to visit even for the non fishing aspect of your vacation.

monstermoose78

Shag for smallies would be a safe bet or burntside

ditchpickle6996

Hiked the bass lake trail last weekend and that "natural bathtub" is looking kind of nasty and stagnant. With the drought it is barely flowing thus not staying exactly fresh. It is a nice hike though!

Casaloma

Thanks for the update, man that's too bad, this drought sucks the life out of a lot of fun. How many posts have we seen here that include drought warnings. The boat ramps, rock piles, sand bars, river & lake levels, & now natural bathtubs. Rain & snow, rain & snow, rain & snow... C'mon.

Later -Cloma

Great Outdoors

nate larson

I hear that either Tee confused.gif or Sletten confused.gif lake has some very good sized large mouth in it, 6 lbs +.

It's right off Fenske lake.

Tee lake rings a bell (or maybe that was the phone) frown.gif