Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bigshooter23

new automatic

bigshooter23

If you had a choice on a new automatic 12 guage what would it be? im looking at super black eagle, the winchester sx3, beretta xtrema 2, or the mossberg 935

surewood

I shoot the 935 and my brother shoots the SBE. The SBE is a better gun. The 935 is rugged and has never failed me and was easier on the check book. Just a little on the heavy side. I would probably get the new winchester, speed kills. Sounds like a blast to shoot.

hanson

I have shot a Black Eagle and that gun "fit" me like a glove. Loved it!

I have yet to shoot a SBE II but I can only imagine whats instore for me when that happens.

The Extrema just doesn't come to my shoulder very well. Purely personal preference there.

No experience with the others.

Take that for what it is coming from a guy that shoots an 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge pump that I've owned the last 12 years of my life... And loved!

It does kill birds! Bought & paid for for under $400 grin.gif

Down2Earth

I think you should add the Browning Gold to that list. I own it and love it.

Tippman

I would choose SBE II. I've shot all the guns mentioned and the SBE fits me best. It would be worthwhile if you put each up to your shoulder though and see which fits you best and feels the most natural. I also have the Browning Gold and don't use it much anymore after getting the SBE II

xedge2002

I've hunted with a SBE for 8 years and love it. It shoots good, never jams, is light and fits me great!

grousehunter

If it was just my waterfowl gun and wasnt carrying it around in the grouse woods or pheasant field i would get the beretta extrema 2 hands down. I think the sbe2 kicks a little to much for me when shooting 3 1/2s.

big drift

Also the Browning Silver is a good high end gun to be looked at.

Lower end the Stoeger 2000 is a less expensive auto with all the guts and workings of a Montefeltro. The Franchi I 12 is a work horse, I have not heard much about the new S&W but looks and feels nice.

Personally stay away from the Verona (semi auto, stack barrels another story) and Charles Daly lines they do not have a good reputation for reliability.

Best bet go out and shoot them and find what ya like.

Fish&Fowl

Just bought a Benelli M1-Super 90 last fall and used it all season. Very light, reliable gun that fits me like a glove. Also very easy to take apart and clean (including the action and trigger assembly.)

If you are willing to drop a fair amount of money on a gun, one of the best ways to shop is walk around a couple of stores and pick up all the auto's without looking at the price. Odds are the one that comes up the best will be the most expensive, but you never know. The brand and model of a gun is pretty insignificant if it doesn't fit you.

Deep_Sinker

I just purchased the SBE II after years of "tire kicking". It is hands down the best gun for me(in the upper tier of guns). I know it is pricey, but I have been hunting with a Remington 1100 for the past 12 years. Amortized out, the price of the gun is nothing and now I'll be able to throw more out than the little 2 3/4" shells. I think you have to shoulder and feel the gun that molds to your style. The SBE did it perfect for me...Good luck to you

bigshooter23

went and bought the super black eagle II thing is amazing as said. thanks for the help.