Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maros91

Amateur Baseball

16 posts in this topic

Anyone on here play amateur baseball or otherwise known as "town ball"? The state tourney is going on this weekend in Norwood and Hamburg. I play for St. Francis and we take on a good Elko squad this Friday at 5. Guys should make the trip and watch some amateurs play some good baseball. Anyone else play?

Town ball rocks the fields/stadiums they play in are so cool!

Good Luck!

Bill. I am a member of the team that got beat the game before yours last Saturday. Not a great way to end the season. Nothing better than good ol' town ball.

I did before I went into the service, then played over in Germany for a couple of years. Town ball was the best, grass roots ball, play hard, argue, kick dirt and cuss, when all was said & done, drink a few beers, shake hands and gain a couple more friends. Life is simple, if you allow it to be cool.gifcool.gif

You must play for Waterville. If so, I believe your pitcher threw it away to end the game. Maybe I will try to schedule a game with you guys next year.

Nothing better than town ball, I love playing against a small town team on a Friday night or Sunday afternoon when the whole town comes to watch. Howard Lake and Dassel come to mind. I am sure there are many more. It seems like western MN has those kind of teams. We are trying to get that atmosphere here in St. Francis but it is mostly just wives and girlfriends. It seems like some of the better ball players option for softball over baseball. You can pick up softball when your 40 and be good at it. Town ball is the best!!!!

Hey if you guys are looking for some Amateur Baseball you have to check out the action at US Cellular. The Sox are all amateur players this year. Last night was a true gem. 4 errors in one inning and 3 of them by one player!

Windy

Windy,

Don't go insulting TownBall players like that by comparing them to the CellAmatuers....

Tomorrow you start displaying the Cub avatar again...yeah!

Thats funny. One more month to go and the Sox and Twinks can start over.

I play for Dumont, which is in very western Minnesota. Friday night home games with the big home crowd are the best! We did take a trip down and played Saint Boni. this year - I believe they are in the same leauge as Watertown.........

FI

Geno,

I will have to start today since I don't have the computer back yet. Comcast is killing me. 7 days down and counting!!!

Good thing I have the work `puter.

Windy

There,

Are you happy you old fart? LOL

Enjoy.

Windy

MAGNIFICENT!

It makes me all giggly inside when I see that logo as your avatar.....now they gotta get down to business as the stretch run starts this pm against the 'stros - or else it'll just be a hollow victory for me to have won our bet.

Well my St. Francis club ending up taking 3rd in the tourney. We lost twice to a tough Plato squad. Plato against Sauk Rapids in the Championship today. Plato has to beat them twice.

And they did, congrats Bill we got 5th in 2000 and it's a great feeling and sense of accomplishment. Until next year.

Congradulation to the Plato Squad. We play them in our League, there a tough team.