• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where are you going labor day.

Myself I think silver bay sat and sunday. Try to get more yo yos and a couple lakers. Hope everybody has a good weekend.

On Labor Day weekend I'm fishing Island Lake (Duluth) on Saturday, then heading to the State Fair on Sunday. On Monday I'll be packing for a 7 day trip to Canada.

I am hoping to get on the water Sunday, not sure where yet....my ambition is for the same area as Rip. Sat taking the wife to look for a new glider, Monday I am just gonna take it easy and ride my mower around the yard one last time this year, drink beer and relax.

Heading out camping on a little lake east if Isabella. Going to float around in the float tube and do a little wand waving with the fly rod and see if I can entice a few trout into the fry pan wink.gif

Gary, I'm thinking of heading up to that area as well. I'll call Saturday AM if i make it up....we could compare some notes!

We should be leaving not to early but I will let you know when. Have to wait till I hear from N.L,

Heading up for the weekend to Namakan, for the 5th trip this summer. Thinking of portaging over to Rainy for the day on sunday and hitting the reefs. We had great fishing there 3 weeks ago when we camped on the east end for 5 days and the biggun's should still be there, only maybe a bit shallower with the cooler water temps.

Everyone have a fun, safe weekend.

Im gonna work...need money! grin.gif But I live in ely so fishing and hunting to me is anytime I want more or less. have fun!

Woodie Im guessing we will leave Duluth about 6am or so. That work Rip?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I might be on the pond as well. Steve, I'll get a hold of you.

Have a fun and and safe weekend.

Woodie Ill have my cel and my marine band radio. Channel 16 to start. I have the hand held on the boat. Channel 7 there. Call the cel 1st. May or may not get reception on the lake.

Frank call my cel tonight.

hey woodie get someone to go with you. call me fri pm maybe all run together sat. Wonder if loonasea is going.

Thanks Gary for the tip confused.gif, On the big lake my phone has not been called and you seem to now where the fish are can you share all the info :confused, thank you mad.gif.

Weather report says winds SSE 10-20 mph on Sat, I may wait till Sun or Mon to get on the big water, winds are more favorable those days.

Anyone seeing anything different for wind forecast?

I've got to work Sat. but hoping to get out on Sun. Anyone heard how the fishing has been out in front of the Lester and Knife river. Maybe i'll try Silver Bay if you guys do good Sat. Good luck and have a safe weekend.

I think I am going as Sunday as well Ran. Winds look a bit stiff for me Sat.

checked weather fo silver bay tomarow 5-9 am 6mph ene to ese10 am on 9 mph Near Shore Marine Forecast

Issued by NWS Duluth, MN

Home | Current Version | Previous Version | Text Only | Print | Product List | Glossary On

Versions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FZUS53 KDLH 312018

NSHDLH

NEARSHORE MARINE FORECAST

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DULUTH MN

318 PM CDT FRI AUG 31 2007

FOR WATERS WITHIN FIVE NAUTICAL MILES OF SHORE ON LAKE SUPERIOR

LSZ140>143-010330-

/O.ROU.KDLH.MA.F.0000.000000T0000Z-000000T0000Z/

GRAND PORTAGE TO GRAND MARAIS MN-

GRAND MARAIS TO TACONITE HARBOR MN-

TACONITE HARBOR TO SILVER BAY HARBOR MN-

SILVER BAY HARBOR TO TWO HARBORS MN-

318 PM CDT FRI AUG 31 2007

.TONIGHT...NE WIND 10 TO 15 KT DECREASING TO 5 TO 10 KT AFTER

MIDNIGHT. PARTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.

.SATURDAY...E WIND 5 TO 10 KT BECOMING S IN THE AFTERNOON. MOSTLY

SUNNY. WAVES CALM TO 2 FT.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...S WIND 10 TO 15 KT BECOMING SW 15 TO 20 KT

AFTER MIDNIGHT. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS

AFTER MIDNIGHT. WAVES 1 TO 3 FT BUILDING TO 2 TO 4 FT AFTER

MIDNIGHT.

.SUNDAY...W WIND 10 TO 15 KT BECOMING NW 5 TO 10 KT IN THE

AFTERNOON. PARTLY SUNNY IN THE MORNING...BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY.

WAVES 2 TO 4 FT SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FT IN THE AFTERNOON.

ese to south.

Have fun everyone. Might be out there Sunday or Monday. Waiting for a call (dude call already). Hey Ran, off the subject a little, but we are hitting Saskatchewan again this year. I will have to get someone to show me how to post pic's. from last year for you. What a scream. BC

I have no weekend plans at the moment. I'm looking out the window at a very gray looking day. I was on Fish lake Friday morning. It was my first time out in a few weeks so it was good to get back in the boat.

Have a fun and safe weekend everyone!!

BC that would be cool, I'm looking forward to seeing some pics from up there. Sounds like a good time. I'm going to go finish up the blind this afternoon and throw out some dekes and sit back and enjoy the weather. Good luck again this year.

BD110 nice to see ya posting again. Glad to see ya made it back ok. Do any good on Fish? Ill call ya later for all the trip details.

I wouldn't say Fish lake was on fire. I was able to bring home 3 Northern for the pickling jar. I was also able to locate some Crappies and Bluegills but none where big enough to keep.

It's been at least six weeks since I've been on an area lake and I can't believe how low they are. I was hoping to get out for a while today but not really sure if I want to deal with this breeze.

Ya I hear ya there man. I was going to hit the big lake for some eyes but I may wind up up river doing some hunting for fall crappies. Give me a holler if your in the mood to fish some eyes and maybe crappie on the upper river about 1pm.