• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What are the bass biting?

Hey everyone I was wondering what the bass are biting the most often. I don't need to know lakes that are hot, I just want to know what people are catching lunker largemouths on. Any information would be greatly appreciated. grin.gif

I'm not a bass guy, but we were fishin for some eyes on an area lake a few nights ago with light jigs and crawlers and ran into quite a few very nice largemouths. They were picking it up right off the bottom in 20'-27' off the end of a long underwater point with a pretty steep break. The weedline was at 14'. Two of them hit & missed and then came back within a few seconds for more. I don't know if that translates to plastics because we'd been there a few days before and were using powerbait crawlers and only caught one bass. They may have been just taste testing to make sure it was real smile.gif

i've been doing pretty good with buzzbaits, and spinnerbaits right now!