Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobberboy

Pelican Lake

5 posts in this topic

Looking for some basic info on Pelican. We would like to try and pound the ice a bit this winter and need to know some general areas and spots to get on the lake.

Any help would be great

"Your Bobbers Down!"

There is a public boat landing in Orr, right behind the stores.

Do they fish Orr bay or just use it as an access? I see it's very shallow but for gills that can be a good thing.

"Your Bobbers down!"

Cant help with ice fishing, I cant stand it, but I do fish it in spring/summer for bass. Orr bay is VERY shallow, and with no rain this summer, its way down.

Well I haven't ice fished Pelican before but can tell you that between Cope and Peterson island and Berns Island is the deepest part of the lake about 40 ft at its deepest point. We call it the crappie hole. The rest of the lake is in bad shape and has been the last few years because of the lack of rain. We had been going there annually but got tired of bust props and lower units. Aside from that hole the average lake depth is less than ten feet. They have great resorts but I'd go to another lake until the rain comes back. I think the lake needs some time away from fishing pressure.