Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hillhuntin

Wanted - any new reports

16 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone had any new reports on where or how the fishing is right now on Winnie? Heading up for the holiday weekend and trying to see if there is any good reports. Thanks.

they are getting fish in the weeds east shore west shore and north shore with a jig and minnow but it is sometimes spotty

Jason

Thanks.....are they biting on any particular color more so than the other? I had heard that high banks was producing quite a few fish...any thoughts?

with the right wind high banks has been good. color is usually not that big a deal for me

Jason

Are the fish starting to hit in Cut Foot yet? How about the sunnies and crappies, are they hitting anywhere on Winnie?

Thanks in advance!!

Hey Jason are we talking jigs and shiners/chubs right now at Highbanks and weedlines, or are they running other baits?

both are working well

Jason

The best reports this weekend have been coming from out in front of us and to the south down to the Birches access in 6 fow using a 5' snell with a crawler or fathead. We've had a number of groups with limits and nice shorelunches!

That shallow? I figured they'd still be out in their deeper haunts. Do you know if they're getting any bigger -5-8lbs- fish in the shallows or is it mostly slot-size fish?

Winnie walleyes are always more shallow than they are suppose too be.

Oxygen depletion in the deeper water usually occurs sometime in August. They will head towards the weeds in shallower water. Great thing is, the warmer water makes 'em more aggressive. It's not only Winnie. We were up at Vermillion this past weekend, and found them in 3 to 5 feet as well.

I've been hearing the nice 14-16 1/2"'ers.

Any new reports for this week? We are fishing this weekend on saterday and woundering how the EYES are doing and whats working?????

T

We did good on cutfoot with a jig and larger rainbows. Was to windy for the big lake for me. The fish are moving shallower good luck.

Will the fish be biting in front of highbanks this coming weekend??????????

I would think they schould start any day. Im not heading up till the first week in october. We did good last week shallow with a jig and minnow.