Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ditchpickle6996

Rain in Ely?

5 posts in this topic

Did you guys in Ely get some rain this week? Any info on the campfire/charcoal grill ban? I'm just planning my meals for the long weekend. Thanks in advance.

We got .1 or .25 two nights ago and from .75 to 1.0 last night. I haven't heard any updates on the fire ban.

You can check out the MN DNR's website about the fire ban. There should definately be a link on there that will give you an update on the fire restrictions. Smokey the Bear still says "Extreme" fire danger today on my way to work, so I am speculating the ban hasn't been lifted yet.

Later,

Justin

The forest service website still has a ban on all open flames including charcoal. We still need a lot more rain to get that sucker lifted.

Yeah, we will need a couple more inches for them to lift it completely. All we had was .67 inches in Ely. A day or two more w/o rain and were right back in fire danger.