Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tearin' lips

Anyone Seeing Honkers??

1 post in this topic

I asked this on the LOW forum, but is anyone seeing anything for honkers up on Lake of the Woods, specifically the rocky point area. I am heading up there for our 5th annual early goose trip to a buddies uncles place and was just curious as to what I can expect. We are leaving wednesday night so we can scout on thursday and friday.

thanks in advance for any help!

Take Care and Good Luck Hunting!!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• ZachD
    • ZachD
      Welcome what are you training her for waterfowl upland or both? What is her name?
    • kelly-p
      You were in the right area, maybe just the wrong time.  I went out late this afternoon to see if the house my Dad has been using came through the "flood" OK and decided to drop a line when I was there. When I first dropped the hook down the hole a walleye screamed up off the bottom and slammed it 5 feet off the bottom. So out of curiosity I just sat there and jigged 4 to 5 feet off the bottom and they kept coming up and slamming it. They never touched the dead stick that was set 1 foot off the bottom.  All I can think of is that with the snow cover gone they could really see something up against the sunlight. I hadn't seen the walleyes that aggressive all winter.  maybe it was because I was fishing in a hole about 20 inches wide due to the water running down it.   No I don't think so cuz I have a big roll of duct tape and a bunch of white sheets. I'll wrap me, the Jeep and the dog in white sheets. We'll be just like ghosts.  OOPS, just remembered that the snow is all gone. I really think that after all the years we each could stick a pin in a lake  map guessing where the other one would be and we would each be within 1/4 mile. From his description fishing tech was right on the eastern edge of your favorite area.
    • Fishing Frenzy
      Good Reports thanks for the information!  
    • DLD24
      What needs to be in the boat, to be legal to fish Superior. I've been trying to find it in the book with no luck.