• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hate To Say It :

zamboni

I can't stand him, never have- but M Vick is really standing up and taking this whole thing like a man. Pleads guilty and has a press conference pretty much admitting everything. I was fully expecting him to plead not guilty, fight this thing out in court and deny everything, I am quite surprised.

The part I impressed with is that he didn't have to read his apology off a piece of paper. When they have to read a "heartfelt" apology off a piece of paper you know they are only reading what their lawyer wants them to say to look good and it never sounds like they really mean it.

Unfortunately, a little too late.

He should have fessed up right away...or better yet...not been so stupid to get involved in the first place.

He is trying to save face now to get a shorter jail time. But, his carrier in the NFL is over. He lied to the NFL Commision when this was all brought up, so they won't let him back.

In a number of years, the AFL or Canada will have a new quarterback.

Yep, I think Hammer Handle has it pretty much summed up. Vick lied, lied and lied some more from the start. The only reason he's confessing now is because his "friends" sailed him down the river. Even O.J.'s lawyer couldn't have helped Vick on this one.

For me personally, Vick's apology means nothing. I think that anyone who kills 6-8 dogs has no remorse or moral decency. If he did, he would have stopped after killing that first dog.

My favorite part was when he said he was going to accept full responsibility, and not point fingers elsewhere. Sorry pal, but that's what you'd been doing the entire time, up until you realized the hounds were closing in (pardon the pun). He must think we all have a pretty poor memory, because only 4 months ago he was telling us he never goes to the house, and it's all his cousin's fault.

2nd favorite part was the jailhouse conversion bit. I don't think the judge will go any easier on you because you claim to have turned your life over to Jesus, or at least I hope he won't.

The plea agreement was a joke too. He didn't run a dog fighting operation and go to dog fights to gamble. He's not a gambler, it says it right in the plea agreement. He just went to see the dogs rip each other to shreds. He went to the fights for the blood and guts, not the excitement of winning or losing a couple bucks. At least he's not a gambler. For a minute I thought he had some awful character flaw like gambling.

Quote:

Claim to have turned your life over to Jesus

Vick said he turned his life over to "God". Kind of interesting in a way, in that he's turned his life over to GOD. GOD spelled backwards is D-O-G. That dog deserves the pound.

Quote:

I think that anyone who kills 6-8 dogs has no remorse or moral decency. If he did, he would have stopped after killing that first dog.

It was lot more than 6 or 8 dogs this was a 6 YEAR enterprise.

He admitted nothing except being immature.

Just good lawyering if you can fool a few people it helps it was scripted and rehearsed.

Of course he's sorry.....he got caught and its costing him Millions.

How many teammates or friends from other teams around the NFL were involved? I hate to say it- but I can guarantee there's been more than one there watching and betting on dogfights

he just did what anyone else would do in his situation. Try to get out of it, then blame someone else involved then say yeah I did it and Im sorry. Everyone does it from politicians to your kids. Dont get mad at him for trying to save himself just be angry over the actual crimes he committed.

I was listening to Pat Reusse a week or two ago and he said, and I am not making this up: Vick's crime is not near as bad as Tim Donaghy. He said gambling is soooo much worse than killing dogs. I couldnt believe it. Who cares if some NBA gamblers have broken the law? However, torturing dogs is not that big of a deal according to Reusse. That does it for me, I want nothing to do with that jerk (Reusse).

Quote:

he just did what anyone else would do in his situation. Try to get out of it, then blame someone else involved then say yeah I did it and Im sorry. Everyone does it from politicians to your kids. Dont get mad at him for trying to save himself just be angry over the actual crimes he committed.

Funny thing is, if he would have fessed up in the beginning, the feds never would have gotten involved. He would have gotten a slap on the wrist from the county prosecuter and an 8 game suspension from the NFL, maximum. A couple guys got busted for dogfighting in Chisago county and got $500 to $750 fines, along with 5 years of probation. Instead of fessing up, he thought it would just go away, and lied to both the commissioner and the Falcon's owner. The feds stepped in, and now he's screwed. It's a perfect example of how things snowball when you try to lie your way out of things.

I think this is a complete joke..........that was not a heartfelt apology, he was probably up all night memorizing that speech. He found God? What is that crap?!? Does that make it better? He must have the same person writing his apologies that Paris Hilton does. She said the same thing before she went to jail. I hope that judge rides him like a rented mule and puts him in for the maximum. Then when he gets out he can go play in the CFL. What a joke......what a waste of talent........what a pure and utter piece of garbage!